Chapter 5- Dana

I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

I held up the short silver dress to my body as I looked in the mirror. I turned to Paige. "Are you really sure I should wear this?"

"Of course!" She exclaimed with a wide smile. "You have to show him that you own up to that bet. Not to mention blow him away."

"I would love to blow him away, but not in the way you're talking about." I admitted with a scowl.

"Just give him a try! Maybe he isn't that bad." She tried her best to convince me but... It didn't have any chance of working.

"I'm only going because I have to. After tonight, I'm done." I exclaimed.

"Ok, if you say so." She laughed.

"Don't laugh! This is serious!" I told the ginger girl.

"Fine, fine." She replied. "But I honestly don't believe what you're saying right now."

"You'll see. After tonight, everything will be just as it was before we met these Doering brothers." I said with full confidence. I glanced over at the clock and realized that I now only had half an hour to get ready.

Relentless of the panic, Paige managed to help with the dress and tame my hair. She even did my makeup for me, saying something about having to look nice or something. As if I care. Minutes later, I heard a knock coming from the front door and my brother answering. I peeked around the corner and saw Will standing there with a bored expression on his face. He must not have bothered to comb his hair, it looked as if he had just woken up. The wrinkled button up actually seemed to compliment his emerald green eyes. Not that it actually mattered.

Curtis studied the arrogant ass in front of him with a smile. "So you are the boy taking my sister on a date, huh? Hmmm you are pretty good looking for a boy your age."

"Uhm, thanks. I'm William, but everyone calls me Will." He smirked and held his hand out to shake my brother's hand.

"And I'm Curtis." Shaking his hand may not have been the best decision. I watched as my brother went on to rave about how Will's hands were soft and insisting that he had to use some kind of lotion.

"Maybe on that hand." I laughed as I walked in. "It is his only source of action anyways."

"Oh, that's what you think." He turned towards me. "Hey, you never told me you also had a brother named Curtis."

"I guess it didn't come up." I shrugged.

"How could it not have come up?" He pondered for a moment. His eyes swept over me, as if looking for some flaw in my appearance. I felt my face grow hot as I thought of what he could be thinking. Clearing his throat, he muttered, "So you're all ready to go?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I stated. I said goodbye to Curtis and Paige before leaving with Will to his car. As I got into his black Toyota Camry, the realization of what was happening fully hit me. Shit... I'm all alone with this... this... stranger! Not to mention an arrogant one!

Will drove for a few minutes before stopping in front of a little cafe. It's sign read Bean Me Up Espresso. "A cafe huh?" I asked.

"Yeah well they have a live band that plays here every weekend. I heard that you really liked the school band so I thought you might like it." His mouth was turned up in that stupid smirk again. It was really starting to piss me off... yet it did look good on him.

"Oh, uhm, thank you then." I replied shocked.

"No, no. Thank you for losing the bet." He laughed.

"Whatever. Let's just hurry and get this over with." I dragged him inside. Feeling his warm hand, I couldn't think about how Curtis was so right about them, they were so soft.

We actually had an enjoyable time sipping our drinks and talking. He sipped his mocha latte as I told him about Paige and the gang and he would tell me about his old life before moving here as I would drink my caramel macchiato. After a while, we finished our drinks and walked out. Will looked at his watch and smiled. "It's only about 8. Was there anything else you would like to do before I take you back home?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Anything you say? Then let's visit the costume store."

"Why?" He asked, "That isn't exactly a place you would go to on a date."

"It all depends on how you think of it. Trying on costumes to really lighten two people up and show the other person part of their true self instead of the fake shit people tell others nowadays."

"All right, as you wish." That smirk was back but... It seemed to be a little more sincere. I shrugged the thought away as ridiculous and smiled back at the brunette boy.

Let's see how well this goes...