Chapter 19- Paige

I don't know what to do. -D.A.M. The phone read. Before I could ask what she was talking about, another message came in. I brang Will into my room for privacy but we're just sitting here. -D.A.M.

I wrote back: Well what did you want to do with him? - P.E.G.

Steal his heart. - D.A.M. She quickly replied.

Maybe you already have. :) -P.E.G.

No, I mean literally steal his heart. I'm going to cut it out of him. - D.A.M. What the heck is she thinking? I thought as I quickly sent her a text back. P, I'm obviously kidding. But... I wanted to do something that I never thought would be possible for me... - D.A.M.

Panic shot through me. Please don't tell me you're going to do it. - P.E.G.

What? He's hot and he seems to really care for me. -D.A.M. She shot back.

I sighed and typed, But it's a bit early, don't you think? -P.E.G.

I guess. We've gotten so close to it though. - D.A.M.

I knew this was going to be bad.Yet I also knew that she wouldn't really listen to me anyways. Don't. But if you do, at least make sure he has protection. -P.E.G.

I put the phone down in my nightstand and rubbed my temples. She was going to the death of me. I would have never thought that Dana, of all people, would go so far in so little time. I began to wonder what had gotten into her. Why would she be so careless?

A knock at my door snapped me out from my thoughts. I called out, "Who is it?"

"Harry Potter." Kurt walked in with a smile. "How is my Ginny and Albus?"

"We're good." I answered. "I forgot that you were coming over, I forgot to change."

"That's fine." He glanced down to see my pajama bottoms and the stolen shirt. "I quite like what you're wearing. It looks good on you."

"You're just saying that." I laughed softly and stood up from the bed. Gathering up a change of clothes, I quickly rushed into the bathroom. Minutes later, I emerged dressed and relatively clean. "So have you heard anything from Will this morning?"

"Just that he spent the night with Dana last night and won't be home until later." He told me. "Is something going on?"

I sighed as I sat back down on the bed, "She was texting me right before you got here. Apparently she invited him into her room and is considering the unforgivable."

"You mean..." His eyes widened.

"Yes. That." I answered. "I didn't know what to tell her. The only advice I had was to at least use protection if they did."

He fell down beside me. "They will. I don't doubt that."

"What do you mean by that?" I turned to look him in the eyes.

"This isn't his first rodeo if you know what I mean." He explained, "Will has had quite a few one night stands. I wanted to tell you before but..."

"But what? Is she going to be one of them?" He avoided looking me in the eyes, not answering. A lump began to form in my throat. "Dana is my best friend. She needed to know... Do you have any idea what this will do to her when she finds out?"

"I'm sorry, I was a dumbass. Honestly, I never thought Dana would fall for it." Sitting up, he reached out for my hand, yet I pulled away. "Please, I never wanted this to happen."

"Well it did." I turned away from the boy. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I fought back the impending sobs. "How do I know that you're not the same way?"

"Paige, I would never have used you." Hearing the pain in his voice, I knew I was being harsh. "You are the most amazing girl that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting."

"So I'm better than the other girls? That's nice." I barked.

"That's not what I meant." He tried to rest his hand upon my shoulder, making me shy away from him once more. "You're my first, my only. That has to mean something to you."

"Just get out Kurt. No more excuses." I finally told him. My heart was about to jump out of my chest, but that didn't matter. Only his betrayal weighed on my mind. Sniffles were heard as he slowly left the room and my life. Once the door shut, my emotions were let free. I fell onto my pillow as I broke down. The hard crying wracked my body, my throat became sore and I could not stop shaking from the rawness of the emotions.

It took me who knows how long to finally calm myself down. I trudged into the living room and let Albus back into the house. The puppy followed me as I grabbed my wild cherry Pepsi and the puffy Cheetos and made my way back into my room. It didn't take long for my phone to start blowing up with texts. Constantly, Just a Kiss would go off. I cursed as I recognized it as Kurt's. Why can't he just leave me alone? I cursed.

It wasn't too long until Dana began to call me. Even when I ignored her, she would call right on back. After so long of this, I finally picked up the phone and growled, "What do you want?"

"How dare you do that to Kurt!" She yelled at me, "He is in full blown tears right now, texting you constantly in hopes that you'll read them and try to understand."

"Sucks for him then, I'm just ignoring them." I told her.

"Paige, you better call him ASAP or I'm seriously going to hurt you." Her threats didn't phase me one bit.

"What if I want you to though?" I shot back.

"And what if I can deal with my own problems without you ruining the best part of your life to try and help me?" I knew she was right. My heart grew heavy as my anger melted away.

With a sigh, I admitted, "I just need to think about a few things first, ok?"

"Good enough for me." She said before hanging up.

I threw the phone down onto a pile of clothes. Nothing I thought of could help this situation. Albus jumped up onto the side of my bed, happily panting away. Breaking a smile, I lifted the black Lab up and onto my lap. Once he was set down, I was rewarded with sloppy kisses. I finally let myself forget about what had happened as I put on some comedy and gave Albus Severus Potter Gallagher-Doering all of the love that I could give. Eventually, I drifted off with him curled up by my side, welcoming blissful sleep.