Chapter 12- Kurt

"I've always loved this movie." Paige said as I wrapped my arm around her. We sat on the couch, waiting for the movie to start. The bowls of popcorn and candy sat on the table, undisturbed. The previews began to play as Paige laid her head onto my shoulder. Smiling, I rested my head on hers, feeling her soft hair on my cheek. As the movie began, I rubbed my thumb across her palm. The smell of her coconut shampoo evaded my nose, making me sigh in happiness.

I laughed as I noticed the similarities, "Wow no wonder Ariel is my favorite. Her red hair and blue eyes are gorgeous. She's not as beautiful as my Paige is though."

I smiled as I felt her hide her face into my shirt and mutter, "No way."

"Yes." I pulled her head up to face me, "You are the most perfect woman I have ever set my eyes on."

She squeaked happily before returning her head to my shoulder. A moment later, she looked back up, "Does that make you my Eric then?"

"I guess it does." My face grew hotter. "I would just have to lose the glasses."

"Nevermind then. You look cuter with them on." She smiled and nuzzled my arm. We watched as the young mermaid saved the boy and gave up her former life to see him again. Occasionally, my redheaded beauty would sigh as something romantic would happen. Before we knew it, the two were in the boat, passing by the sea creatures. She sat up slowly and turned towards me. I turned and looked into her bright hazel eyes. We leaned in closer, making me notice a small scar on the side of her nose. At that moment, I wanted to know how she had gotten it, about her. Mere inches separated us. Closer and closer... I quickly turned as I heard the door slam shut. "Will?" I called out.

"Hey. Oh I'm interrupting aren't I?" He asked once he noticed Paige sitting beside me. "I'll just be in my room. Sha la la la la la, My oh my, Look like the boy too shy, Ain't gonna kiss the girl, Sha la la la la la, Ain't that sad? Ain't it a shame? Too bad, he gonna miss the girl!"

Once my brother hid himself from our view, I looked back at the girl beside me. "I hope you aren't too shy to kiss the girl." She giggled.

"And what if I am?" I smiled at her. It might have been the soft glow of the light or just the way she looked at me, but she glowed with pure beauty. Nothing would ever compare to how exquisite she looked at that moment.

"Then I'll have to do this." She leaned in closer, back to where we had been just moments before. Paige closed her eyes, waiting for me to make them last movement. Mustering all of my courage, I moved closer and brushed my lips against hers. The pressure increased as she leaned into each kiss. Seconds later, we pulled away and looked into each other's eyes. I watched as my girl traced her bottom lip with her thumb, "Woah..."

"You can say that again." I smiled, making her giggle. "What?"

"You look just like the kind of schoolboy you see in movies. High off of love." She told me.

"Yeah, well maybe I am." I wrapped my arms around her hips and drew her closer to me. "And maybe I need another dose."

"As you wish." She smiled and leaned back in towards me. She pushed me back and laid down on me. Spark flew as the heat of our mouths met. Her cherry chapstick was making my heart do flips. My fingers grazed the small of her back as I did my best to ignore the loud beating of my heart. Her scent became intoxicating, making me want more of her. I never wanted to leave from this moment.

"Just getting some food!" Will yelled as he walked into the room. We pulled away in panic as he turned his head in our direction. "Oh uhm... Sorry, I just..."

"Its fine." Paige spoke up as she shot up. I saw that I wasn't the only one with a bright red face. "We don't mind."

"Yeah Will, its fine." I scratched the back of my neck. My lips still tingled from our session of love.

For the rest of the time, we simply sat with each other in comfortable silence. She rested her head on my shoulder as before, my head on hers. Every few minutes I would smile and kiss her hair, letting her know silently what I was thinking about. Sadly, the night had to end. I took her into my arms as the credits rolled and refused to let go.

"Oh Kurtis... I don't want to leave yet." She wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head on my chest.

"It's only for a little while. We'll see each other again soon." Tilting her head up, my lips brushed up against hers once more. I sighed as she left for home.

"So you actually managed to get some?" Will smirked as he leaned up against the doorframe to the hall.

"Yeah." I smiled, thinking of the sweet taste of her lips.

"My brother is moving up in the world. Next thing I know, you'll be in bed with some nice hot blonde." He laughed.

"Never going to happen." I rolled my eyes and sat myself back down onto the couch. "I like redheads well enough, thank you. And there is only one redhead for me."

"Ugh you are such a woose." He sighed and left back to his room. I sighed happily and ran the night through my head.

I'm definitely hooked on this little mermaid.