Chapter 29- Dana

“What do you mean no?” Will watched me; his eyes were practically staring into my soul.

“I mean that I’m not going to forgive you just because I played a damn song. What you did was wrong and I think you’ll have to work harder if you want any part of this temple.” My hands gestured to my smokin’ body.

“I don’t know how to do that. What do you want me to do?” The corner of his lips turned down into a small frown and his eyes widened in desperation.

I sighed, “I don’t know. Now can you leave? I’m kinda busy.”

“Fine. If that’s how you want to be.” He grumbled before shuffling out of the door. Trying to not look like I actually cared, I practiced my Ab major scale. Once that door closed, my composure fell. My brunette hair hung limply and hid the tears that threatened to fall. Nails dug into the palms of my hands as they rested upon the edge of the keyboard.

Thoughts of that damn bastard invaded my mind and wouldn’t allow me to focus on anything else for the rest of the school day. Finally I was able to fall back onto my soft sheets and pull the comforter above my head, cocooning myself within it. With a sigh, I let my mind roam where it wanted. His piercing green eyes repeatedly revealed themselves, no matter how hard I resisted. Memories of our past dates and arguments flashed before my eyes and I fought harder to keep them at bay. As I pressed the palms of my hands into my eyes, a groan escaped past my lips. I cursed mentally and jumped out of bed, desperate to find something to occupy my time. The many things I tried ended up failing: Killing noobs in Call of Duty, listening to music, and even annoying Luke on the phone.

After my futile attempts, I finally gave in to the temptations. I laid down onto my bed as the radio played and re-read the old text conversations with Will. The messages he sent actually surprised me. How could I fall for this shit? One text really caught my attention.

Its just… I look at you and I just see the kind of person I want to share my life with and I know I probably sound crazy but I’ve never been able to look at someone the way I look at you <3 -Your man

A sigh slipped out as I placed the phone down beside me. I laid there not moving as I listened to the next song. Every girl is capable of murder, if you hurt her. Watch out you don't push me any further, any further. You're not the only one walking 'round with a loaded gun. This little girl is capable of murder, cause you hurt her. My heart ached as it went on, describing with such detail how I felt at the moment. Yet I knew that I didn’t want to hurt him. I was mad for sure but not that mad. Maybe I was just being soft on him. But then again, I thought, he did take my innocence and hurt me so badly…

I growled in frustration, pushing my face into the light blue pillow. What am I going to do? I picked the phone up and sent a quick text to Luke.

Heartbreak sucks. -D.

Minutes later, the chorus to It’s Raining Men began to play at full volume. I smiled at Luke’s reply.

Welcome to the club. Pick up your complimentary taxes papers and ‘Life Sucks’ t-shirt. It’ll only get better from here. -L.

With an extra boost of happiness from the sarcastic text, I popped in Mulan. Not being able to resist, I sang with the young heroine as she musically complained about the social injustices of her time and culture in Reflection. I hear you Mulan, I want to be perfect too. Watching the Disney movie, I began to nod off. Before fully subcumbing to the darkness, I thought If only I had my sexy pillow right now.