Chapter 31- Kurt

"I'm not going to some stupid dance because Paige bailed on you." Will yelled from the bathroom.

"Oh come on! We both know you'll end up going anyway!" I sat on the ground with my back leaning on the door. "You won't pass up the single ladies that go with their friends."

"Single ladies huh?" He spit into the sink. "Fine, I'll think about it."

"Good. There's this one girl I think you'll really like." My lips turned up into a smile.

"What's she like?" The door opened and my brother walked over me.

"Don't worry, you'll love her." I waved him off. You already do afterall.

He paused for a minute in thought before finally admitting, "Ok, I'll go. But I refuse to hang out with you all night."

"Deal." My lips turned up as my heart rate increased. The plan might actually work.

It wasn't long until that Saturday rolled around. I tightened my silver tie and straightened it as Will put on his dark green bow tie. Even I had to admit, my brother looked good when he took the time to dress up. The bow tie complimented his lighter green button up and his slacks were being held up by a pair of black suspenders. I just wore a light blue button up with my tie, nothing extra. Of course our parents had to take up our time with getting pictures taken of us. Individual and together. When they asked us about dates, we had to shrug them off. Neither one of us was ready to answer that.

Finally, we pulled up to the front of the school and made our way to the back. It didn't take long until we were rushed into the crowd of dancing teens. My eyes glanced over the people in search of my red headed beauty. After a full three minutes, I spotted her talking to Dana on the other side of the gym in the corner. The brunette was wearing a dark emerald dress that went mid thigh, paired with a gold bracelet while my Paige had on a gorgeous light grey dress on that flowed down to her ankles with a locket hanging down from her neck.Silently, I led Will over to them. Paige and I watched hopefully as their eyes met gazes.

"Dana." Will crossed his arms over his chest.

"Will." She mimicked his stance, "I see you're wearing those hideous suspenders."

"I think they look quite nice. Maybe I'll bring them back into style." His lips turned up into a smile. Dana glared at the boy.

Thankfully Paige broke the tense silence. "Did anyone want some punch?"

"Oh I'll go get some with you." I blurted out. The redhead nodded at me as she began to walk. Only a few steps later, the girl stumbled into the brunette girl, forcing her to fall into Will. His arms wrapped around her as he caught the girl.

"I see you're falling for me once again." His lips turned up into a smile. We watched as her face began to flush. Dana pushed his chest and balanced herself once more, her eyes never leaving him.

"No. You need to stop and leave me alone." She stormed off.

Will stood mesmerized as he watched her make her way to the other side of the room. I heard as he sighed and ran his fingers through his already messy hair. "Will, you aren't going to just let her do that, are you?"

"You heard her. She doesn't want anything to do with me anymore." His voice cracked slightly. "I don't need to hurt her anymore."

Paige rested her hand on his shoulder, "And she's miserable without you. If you truly want her to be happy, you need to show her that you really do love her."

"But how-" His eyes light up. "I'll see you two lovebirds later! I need to fix this."

Paige and I watched as he made his way to the DJ stand and whispered into the man's ear. A minute later, he rushed away. A few songs later, a slow dance came on. I turned to my love and smiled, raising my hand for her. "Would you care for this dance?"

"Of course." Her eyes twinkled as she laid her hand in mine. We swayed together as the words to the song flowed throughout the air. My heartbeat quickened as she laid her head against my chest. I heard her timid voice softly say, "I missed this so much."

"So have I." I whispered back to her, brushing my lips upon the top of her head. The song ended what seemed like too soon. Paige didn't pull away until the next upbeat melody began to play.

Her eyes widened in realization. "Oh no, we forgot to watch Will and Dana!"

"Relax, we haven't heard any yelling, I'm sure they're just fine by now. Maybe they're actually making up." My lips turned up slightly.

"Or making out." She giggled.

Her laughter became contagious as my own slipped through my lips. "That seems most likely."

But no matter how we joked about the situation, I was still worried for those two.

Pic is of the real Dana (Dayna) and her real life Mexican not-so-cocky Will (Carlos) at prom last night. Thought this was fitting for this particular chapter and the next one.