Part 19

-mistakes everywhere, not edited-

Tae is finishing his report in the laptop, he has two days left before he can go back Bangkok, he miss Thailand.

He is startles when his phone rings loudly in the middle of the night, he glances the caller and he decided to ignore it. The phones keep ringing and he wants to shut it off.

"Dann just want money" sighs Tae.

Tae rejects the call and ready to shut his phone before a notification appears, Dann text him. He wants to ignore it but he read it in a glance. He sits up straight and open the text.

He hurriedly call Dann back, he waits impatiently while the call to be connected.

"What happened?!" ask Tae directly when the call connected.

"group of men attacked him. I don't know who"

"how can it happened?!" ask Tae angry.

"I'm not sure! I went to the washroom and Tee waited outside alone. When I returned he already on the ground unconscious. I'm scared phi, he is bleeding..." Dann stop talking when line cut off. Dann frowns hard, did his brother doesn't trust him?

Tae on the other hand called Sim disturbing Sim's beauty sleep.

"You better have good reason for calling me this late" warns Sim trying to wake up, he rubs his eyes to drive the sleep away.

"you cover me in Vietnam. I need to go back, I already book a ticket early morning. Just come to the hotel, I leave everything in here. Call me if you need anything later. Bye" Tae hung up the phone and tidies his stuff.

Sim blinks stupidly while staring into the wall, what happened? All he understands are he needs to book a ticket to Vietnam soon. He did what he needs to do.

******

Tee's case become police cases and Dann needs to answer a few questions from the police in order for them to investigate what is happening. Dann doesn't know much so he just told what he saw.

"Patient's family?" ask a doctor who walks out from the emergency room.

"I'm his friend" replies Dann to the doctor.

The doctor looks at Dann before she turns to look at the police. She is finding other person as Tee's family.

"uhm, he is my brother in law too. We are same age, friend and family" lies Dann fast because he needs to know Tee's condition so that he can report back to Tae.

"Oh, uhm, the patient is stable now. He has concussion due to hard hit on the head, a broken rib and few bruises on his body. He is in pain but he is stable now and under medicine. He will not be awake soon because of the med" explain the doctor to Dann. Dann winces in pain hearing what happened to Tee, he pities Tee for what happened tonight.

"can I see him?" ask Dann

"I suggest you come back tomorrow, refresh yourself first because he is okay and stable. I think you need some rest too" the doctor smiles nicely to Dann.

Dann nods his head, he has blood on his clothes too, a warm bath and a short sleep will help his condition. He also still has a hangover from the drinks.

*****

Dann overslept because of his tired body, he wakes up because his phone rings like crazy, he will has another headache because of it. His brother is calling.

"Yes phi?"

"Which hospital?!" ask Tae.

"TXN hospital. You are here?" ask Dann weird, he thought his brother is in Vietnam. The call ended just like that without he able to hear answer from his brother.

"my gosh! It's noon!" Dann rushes to the bathroom, take showers and get ready to visit Tee. Tee might already awake right now.

*****

Tae arrives at the hospital and ask for Tee's ward room, after he get the information he takes elevator to floor 11 where Tee was warded.

Tae wants to enter the room but a nurse stop him because doctor is checking Tee's condition at the moment. Tae rotates his phone nervously, he needs to know how is Tee.

After awhile a doctor come out from the ward and smiles at Tae. Tae smiles back and asks Tee's condition.

"who are you to the patient?" ask the doctor, Tae opens his mouth to answer it but another doctor stops him when she was walking to their direction.

"You are not brother in law too right?" ask the doctor with a wide smile. Tae frowns, doesn't know how to respond it.

"No, I'm not" Tae answers even though he feels weird.

"Ah, you must be the husband then. Looking at how rush you come here. Your husband is stable now, just needs a few weeks to fully recover. I will explain more to you later, you can see him now. I'm sure your husband is waiting for you"

Tae is stunned listening to the doctor's explanation, he is not given a chance to correct what is wrong too. He shrugs his shoulder, smiles and let whatever assumption about him at the moment.

"thank you" wish Tae and enter the room, Tee is sleeping soundly on his bed.

The two doctors squeals happily when Tae smile at them. They are happy to see a gay couple in the hospital.

"it's typical boy romance! One is tall, one is shorter, one has darker skin colour, one is more manly, one is handsome and another one is beautiful. They are typical gay romance but they suit each other very much!" both of the doctors are happy with their own assumptions.

They keep talking about the fake couple while Tae is sitting on the chair beside Tee's bed.

Tae smiles looking at the bracelet on Tee's wrist, he caress the bracelet softly. Why is he behaving this way toward Tee, even he can't understand himself.

Tae looks at his watch, he remodel the bracelet to make a watch where he hides the engraved name under it, Tee can't know he wears it too because it will be weird.

The phone buzz in his pocket, he takes it out and reads texts from Sim about their work. Tae makes a call and explain everything to Sim about what Sim need to do and what's the emergency Tae has to leave soon. Tae lied saying it's about his little brother.

Dann arrives at the hospital to see his brother is sleeping on the chair, Tae lacks sleep and need some rest too, he is working late last night before he takes the flight home.

Dann feels weird with Tae, why Tae care about Tee this much?

"Phi" calls Dann to wake Tae.

Tae opens his eyes slowly and rubs his tired eyes. He stretches his limbs before he looks at Dann clearly.

"tell me what happened" demands Tae.

Dann told the same story he told the police, he adds what doctor told him about Tee's condition. Tae listens to it carefully before left to make a call.

"I want you to find who involved in this" after Tae said that he ends the call and return back to the ward to see Tee already up and drinking water with Dann's help.

Tee frowns when he saw Tae is here, he thought Tae will not be back so soon.

"I passed put for days?" ask Tee to Dann to make sure that he is in reality. Dann answers Tee question and at the same time Tae walks to him to check his condition.

His face is bruised, his head is bandaged, he can't move very well without feeling his ribs piercing his body. He is weak.

"I'm going home. Accompany him" orders Tae and leaves after that leaving Dann and Tee hanging their mouth low.