XVII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

Everyone was seated around the conference room as the conversation went into play

"From what we know Loki's scepter was last seen after the Battle of New York..." Maria Hill said as she scrolled through her tablet.

"We've uncovered a few bases with the help of Thea, it could take a while before we can know the exact location."

"Well, then we better start sooner than later before they cause any trouble with that thing..." Steve said.

Everyone nodded in agreement having been aware of the power the scepter has especially in the wrong hands. Again.

"That scepter holds power far beyond this world's understanding, it is our top priority," Thor said.

"Speaking of wrong hands, how's Rudolph? He holding up well in prison?" Tony asked tossing around a rubber band ball.

"Loki is dead..." Tony drops the rubber band ball and the room goes silent before Clint says.

"Oh, thank go—" He was then cut off by Natasha who kicked him in the shin.

"Sorry to hear that Thor," Steve said giving him a sympathetic nod.

The awkward silence stood for a moment before Tony spoke. "So, is The Ring coming with us?"

"The Ring?" Bruce questioned.

"When first seeing her didn't she look like that girl from the haunted tape? Crawling out of TVs?" Everyone just shook their heads at his usual antics.

"That seems a bit risky don't you think?" Bruce says.

"Okay so Baron Strucker, Hydra Leader, Human experimentation, and needs to be stopped as soon as possible. Here are some bases we've uncovered with some help." Maria pulled a map pointing out many inhabited hideouts.

"Bruce is right, if Hydra gets their hands on her again we'll have a bigger problem on our hands," Steve said while everyone was passed around the tablet reading off the details of their mission.

"There's practically nothing on her anywhere even in S.H.I.E.L.D. 's files. No birthdate, No family, and No records of her anywhere, not even in Siberia..." Natasha said swiping through the info.

"Like she's never existed," Bruce said.

"Or maybe she did and they just really don't want anyone to find out,"

•••••

『THEA』

I sat away from them as they discussed their plans for the next few months.

They talked about the strange item that belonged to someone named Loki. Thor mentioned that he was his brother.

He'd talk non-stop about the man for hours. Talked about how he was tricked a lot by him when they were young. He admired the fact that Loki could perform magic but was too proud to admit it. Even said I resembled him in a way that made him tear up looking at me.

For these sorts of situations, I was not trained so I just sat there looking everywhere else but at him.

Bringing my attention back to the screen where none other than Baron Von Strucker showed up.

My breath hitched as I began to recall one of our encounters...

FLASHBACK

TW⚠️: Mention of Torture and Violence

Thea was yet again under fire for having one of her many outbursts during a mission. She injured most of her team and had to be sedated by the Winter Soldier.

When she woke she attacked the nearest doctor. She didn't know what she was doing but she couldn't escape the sense of panic as if something wasn't right.

There he was at the entrance of the trashed room where Thea sat in the middle of it all.

Baron Von Strucker was a newly added asset to the cause and was already jealous of Arina. He wanted to study and out due her so he took it upon himself to study her biggest success...

"Now dear it will only take a moment for this procedure..."

"ДЕРЖИСЬ ПОДАЛЬШЕ!!!" (STAY AWAY!!!)

Her screams were muffled by a rag that was placed over her face by one of the guards who she failed to notice. Everything went black as she was in and out of consciousness.

When she finally woke up she was back with Arina in a patient's gown.

"Procedure was a success..."

END OF FLASHBACK

"Thea..."

Coming back to my senses I looked around the room and everyone was on their feet looking at me. Weapons drawn.

"Let go of Rogers..." I'm now noticing the person I had in my hands was in fact, Rogers. In one hand I held him firmly by the neck as if I was to strangle him at any given call. My other held the nearest sharp object which appeared to be a fountain pen.

He, on the other hand, held onto the hand that was clasped around his neck which wouldn't budge.

"Drop 'em." The redhead known as Natasha said.

I slowly let the pen fall from my hands and allowed Rogers to slowly pry himself from my grasp.

I avoided all eye contact and looked only down at my shaky hands and the dent in the table.

"Meeting adjourned..."

827 Words