𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐑

·       ⠀⠀✧.      *             * ⋆   .
      ·                              ⋆     ˚ ˚

title — cold behaviourfandom — mcumovie — thor, 2011pairing — loki laufeyson x oc (andromeda ymirdottir)prompt — "you did this to yourself

title cold behaviour
fandommcu
moviethor, 2011
pairingloki laufeyson x oc (andromeda ymirdottir)
prompt "you did this to yourself."
theme angst
word count — 909
notesocs belong to my fic 'loyalty', but not directly linked to the plot in the fic. andromeda is the goddess of infinity.

           ·       ⠀⠀✧.      *             * ⋆   .
      ·                              ⋆     ˚ ˚

ANDROMEDA YMIRDOTTIR was like no other creature in the universe. Being a goddess and a queen, she demanded respect, power and loyalty. She came from a family of powerful gods and goddesses, and she was certainly no exception. It wasn't until she had an encounter with two Asgardian princes when she began to doubt her abilities to receive her demands.

The older of the two princes was blond, blue-eyed and arrogant. While the other was raven-haired, blue-eyed and respectful. On first impressions alone, Andromeda took an immediate liking towards the latter. He was apologetic for his brother's brash behaviour and never dared to disrespect her — as a woman and a queen.

But then she noticed the tiniest changes in Loki's behaviour towards her. They would usually walk around the gardens together, admiring every star in the sky, watching as the occasional shooting star mapped across then mass of black above them. But now, he avoided her every chance he got. Even when they were alone, he would avoid even looking at her. He became colder, the limited conversations between them more blunt, more rude. It all started since Thor was exiled, and Odin fell ill. 

Andromeda was always a few steps ahead of anyone else, so she knew the source of his sour behaviour. But she wasn't one to be blunt. He had to be the one to admit his faults.

Currently, Andromeda was wandering the halls of Asgard's palace, making her way towards the throne room in search of Loki. Since his father fell under the Odinsleep, Loki had stepped up in his father's position as king of Asgard. Her long golden gown swayed behind her as she made the journey from the palace gardens to the luxurious interior. Her heels clicked against the marble floor, the sound ringing through the silence around her.

She turned the corner to see the God of Mischief himself lounging casually in the tall throne, his staff clutched in his fist, the other hand propping his head up. "What are you doing, Loki?"

The dark-haired deity turned his attention from to the floor to the blonde goddess before him. A small smile mapped his face before leaving as quickly as it appeared. "Nothing, Andy. Do not worry your mind."

Andy tilted her head, ascending the steps up to the throne and stand directly in front of him. "Tell me why you're avoiding me."

His icy blue eyes snapped up her own, his brows raised in surprise at her straight-to-the-point command. "I beg your pardon?"

"Tell me why you're avoiding me, Loki," she repeated, her patience still intact. "It's a simple question."

Loki smiled, tilting his head to the side as he peered up at her, leaning further back in his chair. "It wasn't a question. It was an order."

Andromeda sighed, her head falling back to glance at the patterns formed in the marble beneath her feet, her fingers fiddling with each other behind her back. "Hmm. I suppose you're right," she raised her head once more to lock eyes with Loki. "Answer it."

Loki's fist tightened on his staff, his knuckles and fingertips turning paler at the grip. "That's no way to speak to your king,"

"You're not my king," Andromeda countered easily. "You're not even Asgard's king, and you never will be. We both know what you're doing here," she smirked down at him. "Admit it... Laufeyson."

Loki's jaw clenched in anger. He stood up in a blink of an eye, his ice-cold hand shot up and enclosed around her neck. Andromeda gasped at the rough contact, the air cutting off in her throat. Her hands grabbed his, desperate to remove his grip from her neck. "I will be king and I'll do anything in my power to get there," Loki sneered. "Even if that means getting rid of the one thing holding me back," Loki easily lifted Andromeda by the neck, her feet kicking the air, begging to get back to the ground once more. With an animalistic snarl, he threw her smaller body down the stairs. Her body tumbled down the steps, pained groaned emitting from her mouth with every jab to her head, ribs and legs. She landed in a heap at the end of the case, her blonde hair fallen over her face, shielding her pained expression from Loki's eyes. She heard his evil laugh bellow out into the empty room. "Pathetic," he spat down at her.

Andromeda clicked her neck, her head tilting to the side, her golden locks following after her allowing her glare up the smug god. Her fingers curled creating fists on the floor as a blinding light took off her palms, the light begging to escape the cracks of her fingers. A white glow washed over her orbs as a cruel smile took over her agony-stricken face. "Oh, darling, I don't believe you know exactly what you've unleashed," she stood up, her gown quickly transforming into her golden armour with a wave of white magic. "Just remember, you did this to yourself."

Loki smiled maliciously. "I do love a good fight."

THE END