𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐍

·       ⠀⠀✧.      *             * ⋆   .
      ·                              ⋆     ˚ ˚

title — as the world caves in fandom — xmenmovie — xmen; apocalypse (mentions of first-class and days of future past)pairing — charles xavier x oc (monty delaney)characters — monty delaney, charles xavier, erik lehnsherr, raven darkholme, jean gre...

fandom — xmen
movie — xmen; apocalypse (mentions of first-class and days of future past)
pairing — charles xavier x oc (monty delaney)
characters — monty delaney, charles xavier, erik lehnsherr, raven darkholme, jean grey, moira mactsggert, scott summers, peter maximoff, apocalypse, the horsemen.
prompt — as the world caves in by matt maltese
theme — songfic
word count — 2010
notes — ocs belong to my fic 'home away'. monty can control animals (zoopathy/zookinesis) (she's also practising how to control humans since they are animals too).

           ·       ⠀⠀✧.      *             * ⋆   .
      ·                              ⋆     ˚ ˚

and here it is, our final night alive

MONTY DELANEY HAD DEVOTED HER ADULT LIFE TO CHARLES XAVIER. She had seen all his highs and all his lows, and the latter are images that would never leave her mind. She watched as he helped her focus on her animal manipulation powers. She watched as he grinned at her improving skills. She watched as his blue eyes shined with joy as she upgraded from controlling butterflies to birds, to cats, to bears. She watched as Erik directed a bullet into his back in Cuba. She watched as he collapsed in the sand in agony. She watched as he gave up his legs for a wheelchair. She watched from a window as he kissed Moira. She watched him inject himself with a makeshift serum that Hank made so he could walk again. She watched as his dream school for mutants become rundown as his powers faded with each injection.

Yet she stayed by his side even as the sight of him broke her heart. It was shortly after Charles lashed out at Monty for something she didn't do when she gave up on him and left. It was a few years after she left when Charles, Hank, a muscular man she didn't recognise and a silver-haired teenager came to her door, asking for her to come back and help them release Erik and find Raven. She did regret going along with it, especially since Charles was still standing and looking like a mess. She still believed he loved Moira but he in fact loved Monty. It took a lot for him to persuade her that she was mistaken about his feelings, especially as he couldn't get into her head to show her exactly how he felt about her. But after months of trial and error and loving actions, he managed to keep Monty this time around.

The year was 1983, and after years together, Monty and Charles were happy together. Charles had given up the serum and said hello to his wheelchair and powers once again, and Monty was by his side once again. Charles school was finally open and thriving. He claimed he wouldn't be able to be the man he was without Monty, but she never believed it even if it made her happy to appreciate her.