𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄

Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: Sirius Black x OC
Prompt: "all I wanted was a happy ending."
Warnings: sad, mention of/scenes of death
Word count: 838

ISABEL AND SIRIUS had now been reunited for a few months now

It was difficult at first. Getting used to the new Sirius hard for her and getting used to the new Isabel was problematic for him. Yet they both worked through the hard bits and worked through it, until it was like they were newly wed again.

Although the times were rough for everyone, Sirius and Isabel's love was a positive light for everyone to bathe in. Seeing their bright smiles once again for the first time in 14 years was a distraction from Voldemort and the ongoing war.

Even though Sirius wanted to shower his wife in the long-await love that she deserved and was starved of for over a decade, there wasn't enough time in the universe for Sirius to repay for 14 years of neglect.

But he tried. He would tell her he loved her every 5 minutes, sometimes even more frequently than that. When he could, he'd shower her with presents - some bought, other hand-made. It made Isabel smile every time. That was all Sirius needed to know he was making up for lost time.

That was until word came of Harry and his friends being in danger. The second they heard, Isabel and Sirius immediately apparated over to the Ministry of Magic's Death Chamber - where they knew they were.

The rest of the Order followed quickly, scaring the Death Eaters away from the trapped children. Sirius fought Lucius, while Isabel checked Harry for injuries. "Are you alright, my dear?"

Harry nodded. "How did you know we were here?"

"A gut feeling," Isabel smiled, smoothing her hand over his bleeding cheek. Sirius has won his hand-to-band combat with Lucius and swooped in to hide his wife and godson behind the stone pillars of the Veil.

"Harry. Listen to me," Sirius spoke over the loud rumble of explosions. "You take the others and get away from here."

"No, I'm stay with you," Harry begged, not wanting to be pushed back in the fight.

Isabel placed a soft hand on his cheek. "You've done beautifully, Harry. Now let us take over."

Once all the children and the other Order members were away from the Veil, Isabel, Sirius and Harry took stance against Lucius and another Death Eater.

Isabel successfully eliminated the unknown Death Eater while Harry disarmed Lucius. "Well done, James!" Sirius exclaimed with a grin, unaware that he called Harry by his deceased father's name.

Soon enough, Lucius was blasted away thanks to Sirius. Isabel ran up to her husband and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "You did marvellously, my love!"

Sirius grinned, wrapping one of his arm around her waist and pressing a kiss to her temple. "As did you, my dear."

Before the sweet moment could last, a green blast shot Isabel's eyes. Sirius seemed to spot it before his wife could and pushed her away quickly. The blast hit Sirius's side, causing his grin to quickly fall. He stumbled back, nearing the whispering Veil.

Isabel shook her head as tears rose in her eyes. "No, no, no, no," she rambled, scrambling towards him, her hands clutching the lapels of his velvet jacket. "No, Siri, stay with me, please!" She sobbed, as she saw the life slowly fade from his once joyful eyes.

Remus ran up to his best friends, and circled his arms tightly around Isabel's waist as she almost lost strength and nearly tumbled into the Veil with her husband.

Isabel's shaky hands lost grip of Sirius's jacket and he gradually fell back into the Veil. "No!" Isabel screamed, her hands desperately trying to pry Remus's hands off of her. "No, Sirius!"

Remus cried behind her, as he gestured for his wife, Tonks, to grab the distraught Harry before he tried to do the same as Isabel.

Isabel heard the high-pitched manic laugh that belonged to her cousin-in-law. Bellatrix Lestrange.

She ripped Remus's arms from her waist and angrily searched around the chamber until her eyes landed on the laughing Bellatrix. She whipped out her wand and shot thousands upon thousands of spells at the curly-haired woman. "You bitch!" She screeched, her throat raw from screaming and sobbing. "You took him from me. All I wanted was a happy ending!"

Every spell Isabel shot at her, Bellatrix blocked all of them and apparated away, not before her evil laugh rattled through Isabel's head. Isabel collapsed, her knees scraping against the concrete below her. A pained sob ripped from her chest as she felt her heart break all over again. "First James and Lily, now Sirius. When will it end?" She weakly spoke to nobody and everybody.

She wasn't alone now she had Harry and the Order, yet no one could ever replace the gaping hole in her heart that Sirius's death had created.

THE END