𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐘𝐎𝐔

Fandom: IT 2017
Pairing: Mike Hanlon x OC
Prompt: "Let me help you."
Warnings: nasty Bowers Gang ew, a bit of angst I guess
Word count: 849

LILY MITCHELL was most definitely the nicest girl in all of Derry - scratch that, nicest person in all of Derry

LILY MITCHELL was most definitely the nicest girl in all of Derry - scratch that, nicest person in all of Derry. With strawberry blonde locks and a floral dress, she would parade around the town, sending smiles to anyone who would take them.

By the age of 13, Lily was known as the most cheerful person in the dreary town. Of course, there were a few people who would try and tear Lily down and people who the blonde just couldn't smile at. The Bowers Gang and Greta and her friends were the few.

Henry and Greta's gangs would constantly pound her with insults and threats, trying to tear her down from her optimistic pedestal, but Lily was stronger than their petty words. Patrick Hockstetter was the worst though.

It was clear to all of Derry High that the tall, pall brunet boy was attracted to Lily. And it absolutely disgusted her. She couldn't think of anybody worse to have an interest in her than Patrick Hockstetter - even Henry Bowers would be a better candidate than him.

For a year now, Patrick would grossly flirt with her, attempt to grope her, try all his disgusting tricks to impress her - anyone with a stable brain would be repulsed by his behaviour. But of course, Patrick wasn't anyone, so he believed his actions were justified. Lily begged to differ.

Now it was the last day of school and Lily derived to ride around town before heading home. Her bright red bike shone under the golden sunlight. Red - her favourite colour, it held so much emotion - anger, passion, love, danger, power, adventure - the list was endless. Her blonde hair glowed more ginger under the sun as it flew behind her back. The red and white floral dress rode up her legs slightly as her legs pedalled, sending her bike down the long road through the main road. A few elders smiled and waved as they spotted the grinning girl racing down the road. She was in no rush - she just enjoyed the speed.

That was until she saw the infamous Trans-Am speed down a dim alley way that was squished between a barber and a butchers shop.

Her curiosity got the best of her as she slowed her bike down to a stop in front of the barbershop. Her gingery hair fell over her shoulder as she peered around the corner, seeing why the Bowers Gang was in such a hurry.

It made her smile drop immediately. An unfamiliar boy narrowly dogged out of the way of the speeding Amy, Belch's car. She scolded as she saw Henry stretch out of the sunroof to shout 'Stay the fuck outta my town!' to the scared boy, before flickering his lit cigarette at him. The boy covered his face from the burning stick, his body twisting on the dirty ground to move away from Henry's aim.

The tires squealed as they drove away, exiting the alley through the opposite end. The boy's breathing was shaky and loud enough for Lily to hear from her spot a few feet away. Lily rushed over to him, his bike squeaking slightly as it rolled over the bumpy path. The boy jumped at the sound, his fearful brown eyes peering up at Lily.

"Are you alright?" Lily asked, resting her bike against the green dumpster before bending down beside the boy.

The boy's chest rose and fall dramatically as he tried to level out his breathing. He eventually nodded. His burnt umber skin was glistening with sweat matching his nervous brown eyes and cropped black hair. He wore a stained white t-shirt and bootleg blue jeans. "You're - You're Lily, right?"

Lily smiled, nodding her head. "Yep, that's me. You must be the homeschool kid, right? Mike?" Mike nodded. Lily stood up, holding her hand out to him. Mike stared at her hand, sceptically. "Come on, let me help you."

Mike's eyes softened slightly as he cracked a small smile. He slipped his hand into Lily's, allowing her to haul him up to his feet. "Why are you helping me?" He quietly asked, his eyes shyly taking in her appearance.

"I like helping people," she shrugged, grabbing her bike. "Plus, I know how awful those lot are and no one should deal with them alone," She watched Mike pick up his own bike, several pink packets of meat catching her eye. "I like your bike," she gestured to his dark blue bicycle.

"I like you bike too," Mike commented, nodding to her red bike.

"If you want, I could help you with your deliveries? I don't have anything to do right now and if you have another run-in with the Bowers Gang it's best to face them together, right?" She knew she was babbling but she couldn't stop herself.

Mike grinned shyly as he busied himself with the pink packets. "Sure, ok. Let's go."

THE END