𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍

Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: Hermione Granger x fem!OC
Prompt: "I like you, you idiot. Not him."
Warnings: none
Word count: 551

"Warnings: noneWord count: 551

KERRY BELL was a bright witch. Being a Ravenclaw pure blood made things a little easier. Everyone would always marvel at her powers and intelligence.

Everyone but Hermione Granger.

The two witches were always at war with each other. Always fighting over grades and who was the brighter witch. It was clear that the two girls despised each other.

Well, Hermione did at least. But Kerry actually liked Hermione. In a romantic way. She was stunning and on the same intelligence level as her. They were perfect together, beside the jealousy between the two.

It would be their worst nightmare if the two would end up in a team for a lesson or, even worse, for a homework project.

That was they were both dreading as they sat in Snape's Potions class as he announced that there will be a group project. And with Snape's knowledge of the two girls hatred of each other, along with his own hatred of any house other than Slytherin, it was clear that he would pair them together.

And with racing hearts, Hermione and Kerry both listened intently to Snape as he announced the groups.

"Weasley. Bones. Thomas."
"Potter. Longbottom. Lovegood."
"Abbott. Finnigan. Boots."
"Malfoy. Bell. Granger."

Draco, Hermione and Kerry all groaned as he paired their surnames together. Hermione was annoyed to be working with two of her worst enemies. Kerry for working with Hermione. Draco for working with two arguing girls.

Although Kerry and Draco got on quite well, he couldn't stand the constant bickering between the two witches.

"Whatever you do, don't drag me into it, ok?" Draco whispered to Kerry as they approached Hermione's desk.

Kerry rolled her eyes. "I'll try," she grumbled.

"Granger," Draco addressed the bushy haired girl.

"Malfoy, Bell," Hermione nodded gravely. Bell nodded in returned and tried to push her platinum blonde friend to sit between them but he slid to the furthest seat at last minute leaving the middle seat for Kerry.

The Ravenclaw glared at the snickering Slytherin and reluctantly sat next to the Gryffindor. The group went on with their project as if they weren't enemies until Kerry let out a loud laugh at something Draco did.

"Merlin!" Hermione groaned. "Will you two keep it in your pants until we're finished!"

Kerry furrowed her eyes. "I like you, you idiot. Not him," she mumbled under her breathe.

Hermione whipped her head around to stare at Kerry. Her eyes wide and in shock. "Pardon?"

Kerry began to stutter. "Oh, uh, nothing!"

"You like me?" She asked quietly so Draco or anyone wouldn't hear their private conversation. Kerry shook her head. "We both know what you said, Bell."

Kerry sighed. "Yes, alright, Granger. I like you. But you can dreadful annoying at times."

Hermione scoffed playfully. "You've certainly got a way with words, Kerry."

Kerry grinned. "You called me Kerry," she teased. "You warming up to me at least."

Hermione rolled her eyes as she huffed out a bushy strand of her hair from her face. "I may have been mistaken about you, Kerry. You're not that bad, I suppose."

"Well, that's good. You're not that bad either, Hermione."

THE END