𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: George Weasley x OC
Prompt: "I wish we could be together forever."
Warnings: sad but cute
Word count: 782

HARLOW RIGBY AND GEORGE WEASLEY has been dating ever since 4th year

HARLOW RIGBY AND GEORGE WEASLEY has been dating ever since 4th year. They had been good friends since they met at the train station in their first year, but after the Chamber of Secrets were opened and students were endangered right, left and centre, George couldn't help but worry for the Hufflepuff muggle-born witch.

Once seeing George's care for her after the Chamber of Secrets incident, Harlow appreciated the ever-growing attention that she received from him. It was George who first realised his worry for Harlow was a result from love. That was when he asked her to be his girlfriend. And that's when she said yes.

Harlow became a valid unofficial member of the prancing duo. She would help the twins come up with new pranks and how to get away with them. She would even come up with a few products for their little business.

George was certain that whatever God was up in the sky had accidentally let an angel go and she landed right in front of him.

They were perfect for each other. Nothing could ever get between them.

Well, until Dolores Umbridge took over the school and enforced thousands of rules that were limiting to everyone in the school.

Especially the couples, but mainly George and Harlow and Fred and Angelina.

Umbridge hates the twins with an unnecessary passion. Well, it wasn't completely unnecessary. The twins did cause chaos in Hogwarts and no one before her really stopped them. But hate was a strong feeling for a pair of ginger twins who simply want a laugh.

And there was no need to bring their girlfriends into it but she did anyway.

First it was detentions every now and then for the twins. Umbridge noticed that they were unfazed by the detentions so went further. She kicked them off the Gryffindor Quidditch team, then increased this detentions to every other night, the gave them low grades on their exams even if they were improving.

After she realised nothing was working, she moved onto Harlow and Angelina.

She kicked them of their Quidditch teams, which broke the girls heart as they hadn't done anything other than play the game fairly. That alone angered the twins. But then Umbridge began to give the girls detentions. Angelina was stronger than Harlow so she was able to take the painful punishment. But Harlow would cry and scream as the quill would magically crave into her hand.

George couldn't stand it. Seeing his girlfriend walk out of Umbridge's pink office with a bloody hand and a tear-stained face - it ripped his heart in two.

So him and Fred decided that Umbridge had won. They were leaving Hogwarts for good.

It was the night before their great escape and the twins and their girlfriends were in the Gryffindor common room, discussing the plan.

George could tell that Harlow was being distant as she wasn't being as vocal as she usually is during their plans.

"Excuse us," George said, standing from his spot on the red couch and gently grabbing Harlow's injuries hand and ushering away from the fireplace. "What's up, Low?" George spoke lowly with a kind smile that always made Harlow grin.

"I'm ok," Harlow smiles yet George could see it wasn't her usual large grin. He raised his brow in question. The Hufflepuff sighed, and George smiled knowing she breaks easily when it comes to him. "I just... I wish we could be together forever."

George furrowed his brows. "What makes you think we're not going to be together forever?"

"Well, you're leaving and I'll be stuck here for another few months. I don't know what I'll be after Hogwarts. But you've got it all figured out and I'm so proud of you," Harlow spoke. "I just don't think I'll fit into your lifestyle. I want to, trust me I do-"

George cut her off. "You're kidding me, right?" George asked in surprise. "I'd die without you, Low! You're amazing! You're so smart and our pranks wouldn't be half as good if we didn't have you there with us," George ranted whilst stroking her hair.

"You're just saying that," Harlow chuckled as tears welled in her eyes. Her hands found their place on his biceps and trailed up to link around his neck.

"You'll always fit in my life, Harlow Rigby. Whether you like it or not. Not you, not me, not Umbridge will ever tear us apart. I'm yours and you're mine. We stick together, yeah?"

"Yeah, we stick together."

"Forever?"

"Always."

THE END