𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆

Fandom: Stranger Things
Pairing: Steve Harrington
Song Prompt: Not a Love Song by Bülow
Warnings: but smutty (not really)
Word Count: 997

Fandom: Stranger ThingsPairing: Steve Harrington Song Prompt: Not a Love Song by BülowWarnings: but smutty (not really)Word Count: 997

i get excited when you kiss me like that

Steve was certain that he'd never find love again after the whole Nancy situation. She had broken his heart at that Halloween party and he was sure that there wasn't a glue or tape strong enough to fix it.

Then Cassidy King came along.

She was stubborn and wasn't a fan of Steve the King. His arrogant 'play boy' persona was not attractive to the blonde girl. But then she saw Steve Harrington - the boy who protected a bunch of kids from underground monsters selflessly. Steve Harrington - the boy who was vulnerable and sensitive and caring.

He had changed and for the better and Cassidy definitely appreciated it.

Cassidy and Steve had been dating for a little over a year now. They were perfect together. The kids, especially Dustin, would always refer to them as their mom and dad - though it was unclear some days who was who.

But something they hadn't done was gone past second base. They hadn't even seen the other fully naked yet. It was frustrating for them both - they wanted to show the other just how much they meant to them but the time never arose.

Someone was always busy, or when they were both free, the time never felt right or it wasn't romantic enough.

Of course, it wasn't Steve's first time unfortunately. But it was Cassidy's. She insisted that she didn't mind if they did it in the back of his car or in one of their beds, as long as Steve was the one to pop her cherry. But, like the drama queen he is, Steve put up a fight. A girls first time should be magical and rememberable for the right reasons - hot a quickie in the back of his car.

So they put it off until they were ready.

And finally, after nearly 13 months of dating, they were. It started off slowly. Just simple kissing on the top of her yellow and orange duvet, but then Steve deepened the kiss "accidentally". It got them both more and more excited.

when were body to body like that

"Are you sure about this, Cas?" Steve asked, as he hovered over his girlfriend, his shirt already thrown into the corner of the room.

Cassidy nodded, her chest heaving. "Yes, I'm sure, Steve," she clarified whilst reaching up to pepper kisses to his neck and collarbones.

Although he shuddered at the feeling of her warm lips pressing to his hot skin, he pulled away, sitting upright on her lap. His hands nervously fiddled with the ends of his brown hair.

wish i could tell you that i want you more than that

Cassidy sat up, her elbows supporting her body so she could look at Steve. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"I... I just want this to be good for you, you know?"

Cassidy chuckled softly, her head tilting to rest on her shoulder. "As long as I'm with you, it'll be perfect, Stevie."

He wasn't convinced. "You deserve better than a quickie, Cas. I love you. I don't want our first time together to be bad for you."

The blonde blushed. "I love you too, Steve. But I promise you that no matter where we are or how rushed it is, I know that it'll be magical because you," she reached her hand to pull him down for a kiss. "I promise."

Steve grinned against the lips. His hand slid around the small of her back and guided her back down to the mattress where her golden locks fanned across the pillow like a halo.

Together, they removed the rest of their clothes clumsily, leaving them both in their underwear.

but this is not a love song

Just as Steve was slivering his hands around her back to undo her bra a knock and a shout came from behind the door. Cassidy and Steve both screamed in shock. The tall brunet boy scrambled off of his girlfriend and fumbled to slip on his pants again, while Cassidy clambered under her duvet to shield her exposed body.

Just as Steve was buckling his belt, the door swung open aggressively to reveal a small baseball-hat wearing, (nearly) toothless boy.

"Dustin?" Both Cassidy and Steve questioned in confusion and relief, thinking it was Cassidy's furious father.

Dustin quickly examined the room and his eyes widened in realisation. "Ew! You two, really?! I thought you were better than that Cassidy?!"

"Hey!" Steve exclaimed in offence. "We've been dating for over a year now, Dustin, we can do what we like without your judgement."

Cassidy snorted, bringing her warm toned duvet closer to her chest. "What is it, Dusty?"

"I need a ride to the arcades."

"Is that it?!" Steve questioned his younger friend as if he was deranged.

"Yeah, my bikes broken, remember?" Dustin spoke in a obvious tone. He did wreck his bike the day prior from a stupid date from Lucas and Max.

Steve groaned, running his hands over his face.

"Will you give us a second, Dusty?" Cassidy asked. The curly-haired boy nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him. The blonde girl stood from her bed and made her way toward Steve, looping her arms around his neck. "Let's take him."

"Not you too!" Steve whined like a baby, making Cassidy laugh.

"Yes!" She snorted. "Let's get dressed and have a date at the arcade, yeah?" Steve poured but nodded nonetheless. "I'm sorry that this didn't work out the way either of us wanted, but who knows? Maybe we might get lucky tonight," she winked.

The simple action and whisper of a promise lit a fire in Steve's chest as he grinned, circling his arms around her waist and burying his head in the crook oh her neck.

"How did I get so lucky?"

THE END