𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄

Fandom: Harry Potter (The Marauders Era)
Pairing: Sirius Black x OC (Isabelle Gaffney)
Prompt: "No one would ever love someone broken like me, they'd always go for those who are perfect."
Warnings: mentions of cheating, this is an altered section from a chapter from one of my books so if parts don't make sense, it's because this comes from that :)
Word count: 1693

"Warnings: mentions of cheating, this is an altered section from a chapter from one of my books so if parts don't make sense, it's because this comes from that :)Word count: 1693

SIRIUS BLACK was a very well-known figure in Hogwarts - especially to the women. Yet, he had only dated one girl in his whole seven years at the school. Her name was Dorothy Prott - one year his junior, a Hufflepuff, and possibly one of the vilest person in the entirety of Hogwarts.

Everyone who came across the blonde Hufflepuff would instantly hate her. She was a sly, cunning, cheating bully - it was rather a mystery how she wasn't sorted in Slytherin. Yet, in Sirius' eyes, she could do no wrong. That's because he never saw her do wrong. Dorothy made such an effort not to do anything scandalous or evil in his presence.

There was one group of people, in particular, that couldn't stand the Hufflepuff. That was the rest of the Marauders. Prongs, Moony, Wormtail and Birdie - more commonly known as James, Remus, Peter and Isabelle.

They knew all about Dorothy's affairs behind their friend's back, yet couldn't find the heart to tell him. They saw how happy he was when with her, and after everything that he suffers through at home, what sort of friends wold they are to take that away from him?

Currently, Isabelle was listening to James rant about how he's going finally expose Dorothy.

"I swear to the stars, Birdie! If Padfoot ends up marrying this b-"

"Cheater," she interrupted before he could curse. They were in the library after all, and for once, it was fairly busy with first years.

James rolled his eyes as he slumped in his chair, clearly forgetting about his unfinished Charms essay that was due the next day. "Still! Padfoot is my brother! He deserves the best. And we both know that Dorothy is far from that."

"I know, Prongs. But there's nothing we can do. If Padfoot is happy then we should let him be happy, right?"

James crossed his arms with a huff. As if a light bulb lit over his head, he sat up with a eureka expression slapped to his face. A smirk soon overtook his mouth as Isabelle sent him a questioning raised brow. "What are you plotting, Prongs?"

"My dear, Birdie, have you realised how happier Padfoot is when he's around us recently?" Isabelle nodded, still confused. "Well, what I told you that you were the reason that he's happy?"

Isabelle chuckled, leaning back into her chair. "I would say you're taking the piss."

James grinned and shook his head. "And what if I said he says you're name when he sleep-talks?"

"I would say you're lying," Isabelle countered. "I know that he's infatuated with Dorothy. So why would he even utter another girl's name, especially in his sleep, hey?"