𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐓

Fandom: Harry Potter (GoF)
Pairing: Cedric Diggory x OC
Prompt: "He's dead because of you."
Warnings: death, grief, harsh words towards Harry
Word Count: 567

A SCREAM was the first thing that rippled through Fiona Harrison's throat when blue flash lit at the entrance of the maze

A SCREAM was the first thing that rippled through Fiona Harrison's throat when blue flash lit at the entrance of the maze. Everyone around her were screaming out of joy, seeing Cedric and Harry make it through and back with the Triwizard Cup, yet Fiona's was out of horror.

She saw Harry crying. She was Cedric's unmoving chest. She saw his lifeless stare that was fixed on the starry sky. She saw what other couldn't yet.

She pushed her way through the stands and clumsily ran down the steps to get to Harry and Cedric. Tears covered her eyes making her journey all the more difficult, especially as the sight before her grew closer and closer. Her heart shattered as she dropped to her knees beside Cedric's cold body.

Her throat was raw from screaming, crying. She pushed Harry off of Cedric so she could clutch to him instead.

Next week would've been their three-year anniversary. She thought. But all their plans were shattered in a mere second. Everything that they were going to do together - not only for their anniversary, but for the future. All of it, gone like the wind.

"He's gone," she whispered, tears running down the length of her nose, dropping onto Cedric's dirty yellow jersey. "He's dead!" Fiona screamed, her chest heaving as sobs rattled through her body. The cheers from the stands died down as they realised what was happening. "What-what happened?!" She hiccuped, staring at Harry expectedly.

"He's back, he's back! He killed him! Voldemort's back," He cried, mostly to Dumbledore who tried to comfort both Hogwarts students who grieved over Cedric's body.

"It's alright. You're home-" Dumbledore began before Fiona stopped him.

"No! It's not alright! A boy has been killed! Cedric is dead, and you have the audacity to say 'it's alright'?!" Fiona screeched. Professor McGonagall stepped behind her and place a hand on her shoulder, trying to soothe her. "He's dead! My boyfriend! Our friend! Your student! He's gone!"

"I'm sorry-" Harry sobbed towards Fiona.

Fiona scoffed angrily yet her tears deceived her. "You're sorry? Being sorry won't bring him back, Harry!" She cried. "Cedric died by You-Know-How's wand, but you're the reason why he's dead."

"That's enough, Miss Harrison," Dumbledore ordered, yet she continued nonetheless.

"He's dead because of you, Harry! If you weren't in the bloody tournament, Cedric would've survived it! He wouldn't be dead on the bloody grass if you weren't here!"

"Enough, Miss Harri-" McGonagall interjected only to be silenced by Fiona.

"We had planned so much together! He always said when we graduate, he'd propose to me. His father had arranged us a house already. He had a job planned out already! Everything was perfect until you came into the equation!"

Harry was stunned by her words. Everytime they had interacted, she was always so sweet. Even when 'Cedric Rules, Potter Stinks' badges spread across school, she took Harry's side, believing that the Hogwarts students should be supporting both Harry and Cedric - not just the latter. "I'm sorry, Fiona."

"You, Harry Potter, have ruined so many lives," Fiona spoke gravely, her hand caressing over Cedric's cold cheek as her tears gently splashed down onto his plae skin. "When will it stop?"

THE END