𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄

Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: Fred Weasley x OC
Prompt: "You can't really blame me, can you? I told you not to fall in love with me. You can only blame yourself."
Warnings: none
Word count: 609

"Warnings: noneWord count: 609

IT WASN'T supposed to happen. It had to be a mistake, surely. Lolly Hargreaves wasn't one to fall in love blindly or quickly for that matter.

Many boys and girls had tried to make Lolly fall for them but none of them ended successfully. Well, that was the case, until Fred Weasley came along.

It wasn't bad at first. He was friendly at first, but as they grew older, his friendly comments turned into flirty ones. Jokes, of course, but they would race through Lolly's head for the next days, weeks even.

She knew he wasn't interested, he just knew that his comments got under her skin and made her blush. It was just to tease her.

But lucky for her, she had fallen in love with him. And she hated it.

She'd never been in love before. Or at least to the extent where whenever she saw Fred, her heart would race and hands would grow clammy and would be unable to string together a comprehensible sentence.

Being in love was not for Lolly.

Classes had finished for the day and Lolly was sat in front of the fireplace in the Gryffindor Common Room, a book in her hands. It was calm and her mind was at peace.

Until she heard the all too familiar clatter of footsteps rushing down the stair, along with the identical shouts. Knowing that she wouldn't read with the Weasley Twins present, she rolled her eyes and tried to make her way back to her dorm room. But a pair of hands clamped around her shoulders, pinning her back to the couch from behind.

"'Ello, Lolly," Fred whispered into her ear, then flung himself over the back of the couch to land next to her, his arm laying around the back of her shoulders. "Long time to no."

Lolly rolled her eyes, as she plucked his hand of her shoulder but it soon ventured back on her collar. "We sat together at dinner, Fred," Lolly retorted.

"Still," Fred shrugged with a grin. "Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend. For a date?" He suggested.

Lolly raised her brows as she looked in his eyes for any sign of a joke. His smile was unsettling to say the least. "I don't know, Fred," she hesitantly spoke.

"Oh, c'mon, Lols, we like each other," Fred said, wiggling his brows at the girl.

Lolly scoffed, hiding her emotions successfully. "I don't remember saying such a thing!" She defended her honour. "Even if I did, why would I tell you?"

Fred held up his hands in mock surrender. "Alright, alright, Lolly. You can't really blame me, can you? I told you not to fall in love with me. You can only blame yourself," Fred sniggered.

Lolly huffed, her cheeks grew red either from anger or embarrassment. "Whatever, Fred," she grabbed her book, and pushed herself from the couch yet Fred grabbed her hand before she could leave.

"No, wait, sorry, Lolly. I'm serious, though. I do like you. A lot, actually. I might even love you, if you'd let me."

Lolly sat back down, her hand still sat in Fred's. "Seriously?"

"Completely," Fred held up his pinky, waiting for Lolly's pinky to wrap around it for a pinky promise.

The girl chuckled and wrapped her small finger and his. "You're a dickhead, Fred Weasley."

Fred laughed and nodded. "You love it."

THE END