𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄?

Fandom: IT 2019Pairing: Adult! Bill Denbrough x Adult! OCPrompt: "Did I fucking stutter?"Warnings: angst, fluff, married couple vibesWord count: 847

Fandom: IT 2019
Pairing: Adult! Bill Denbrough x Adult! OC
Prompt: "Did I fucking stutter?"
Warnings: angst, fluff, married couple vibes
Word count: 847

------

BILL AND CINDY had been married for 15 years now. It was an early marriage - both only 25 years of age, but when you love someone, you just know. Cindy was a charming girl and an even more charming woman. She was short in stature with dark hair and a litter of freckles scattered over her tanned skin.

They had known each other since middle school. Bill and Cindy had gone through everything together - they got their first bikes together, they formed the Losers Club together, they fought a killer clown together. The two had been through hell and back - all while staying by the other's side.

Bill was undoubtedly and unconditionally in love with Cindy. After his small obsession over Beverly in freshman year, he realised that Cindy was always there for him. She was there to comfort him through the death of his little brother, she was there to help him with his English homework, she was there to encourage him to write his first novel, she was there to give him the love he wished he got from his parents after Georgie's death.

Although Bill was completely devoted to Cindy, they both knew that the dark-haired girl was an odd-ball. She was silly and funny and always made Bill's stomach ache from laughing fits. In addition, Cindy had a particular way of achieving an advantage in certain situations.

One of these situations was arguments with her husband.

Like many married couples, arguments came and went like the wind. Some were bound to serious while others were silly and useless. And that was no different for the Denbroughs.

Though a lot of their arguments were small and they would apologise to each other after 10 minutes. Well, Bill was usually the first to apologise, then Cindy would follow in tow.

One day, however, it was one of those disputes that wasn't as easy.

Cindy became an actress after she graduated from college and her main projects involved Bill's film adaptions of his controversial books. Thus, prompting their fight.

The director had just finished ranting to Bill about how he should change the ending of his book to make a happy ending for the film. And of course, Bill wasn't having it.

Bill stormed off with a (fake) blood-drenched Cindy running after him with crumpled papers and scripts that the director shoved into her arms.

"Bill! Wait!" Cindy shouted out to him who slowed down by the table decorated with food for the crew. "Talk to me."

"Everyone wants a happy ending. Everyone wants closure. That's not how life works out," Bill ranted, filling up his water bottle angrily.

Cindy nodded, placing the papers on a spare space on the table. "I understand, Billy, but you know that a lot of people didn't enjoy the ending. And I think that they just want what's best for you," Cindy calmly spoke, running her hand up and down his muscular arm.

Bill sighed, his head falling down to stare down at his feet. "Keeping my story the way it is would make me happy though. Isn't that whats best for me?"

"Of course, darling, but I think what Peter wants and the studio-"

"The studio?!" Bill interrupted, staring at his wife in disbelief. "When did you become a company manager? You're an artist. C'mon what's wrong with just doing it the way it's written - the way I want it to be? Why can't you be the woman I want you to be?"

Cindy stared at her husband in shock and disgust. "Woah. Ok," Cindy declared. She grabbed the papers from the table and roughly shoved them into his hands. "Just look the edits over. 'The woman you want me to be'. Fuck you too," she began to walk away until Bill ran after, gently grabbing her forearm.

"O-on the page. The...part, I mean. Not you," Bill spoke, his long-forgotten stutter rising back through his body thanks to his nerves.

"I'm going to my dressing room, Bill. Leave me alone for a while."

"Cind, c'mon-"

She whipped her head around. "Did I fucking stutter?" The phrase ran through her head once more after she said it and she had to force back her smile. But it was impossible to ignore the humour behind her words.

Bill grinned as a snort rippled through Cindy's throat. "Are you mocking me?" Bill playfully teased. His arms found his way around her waist. Cindy's hands found their familiar spot on his chest.

"Don't try and be cute, now, Billy," Cindy raised her brows, staring up at her husband. "I haven't forgiven you, have I?"

"Yeah, but you're calling me Billy again," Bill pointed out smugly, bringing Cindy closer to his chest with a goofy grin. "You love me, admit it."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, you dork."

THE END