𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐑

Fandom: Peaky Blinders
Pairing: Alfie Solomons
Prompt: "I can't believe you dragged me into this."
Warnings: use of gypsy slur
Word count: 1442

"Warnings: use of gypsy slur Word count: 1442

CHARIS COHN was an extraordinary woman. Something that surprised many men was that she was incredibly smart. And she used this skill of hers to get what she wants. That's how she became one of London's most successful businessmen. She would say businesswoman - but there wasn't enough female competition for Charis so she instead challenged the opposite sex instead. And she was good at it.

Charis soon became known as 'Trigger' as she was never afraid to pull a trigger when the time came to it. She loved it. She liked how mysterious it was. Usually, when she had a meeting (especially with a man), they would be surprised to find that Trigger was actually a woman. And a relatively young one at that.

But there was one man that she had met that differed from the rest. His name was Alfie Solomons. When he saw Charis, he knew that she was the person he was having a meeting with. He knew that she was Trigger, without even speaking. He simply looked in her eyes and knew.

That was a few years ago. And the two gangsters were still in business to this day. Alfie would usually invite Charis to galas, balls, dinners and business meetings that he had with other businessmen. Especially when the other person's first language was not English. Charis could speak 20 or so languages. English, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, French, German, Arabic, Yiddish, Japanese, Italian, Romany were the main ones that Charis had to use for her own and Alfie's businesses. Of course, Alfie could speak a few himself - like English, Italian, Russian and Yiddish - but he enjoyed Charis' presence so invited her anyway.

It worked well for both of them. They were perfect partners. But somedays, Alfie would invite Charis to meetings that she had no interest in.

And that is what happened today.

He had arranged a meeting with a gangster from Birmingham called Tommy Shelby. Charis had heard of him and his gang; the Peaky Blinders. She had also heard about their little performance in Sabini's Eden Club the other day. They were a dangerous bunch - perhaps the most dangerous people she had ever heard of. And Alfie Solomons just had to arrange a meeting with the leader.

"I can't believe you dragged me into this," Charis complained, pacing around Alfie's office. Tommy Shelby was to arrive any minute now and Charis was nervous. She saw the state of the Eden Club after their visit and it was, frankly, terrifying. "You do realise that they're psychos, right?"

Alfie chuckled as he watched Charis move around the office. "It'll be alright, Charis. He's not gonna hurt ya. He may be a pikey, but he'd never hurt a woman — no matter how dangerous they are," he laughed. But it didn't settle Charis.

"It's not me I'm worried about. It's you!" She exclaimed, falling in the chair opposite his desk. She crossed her legs, her back slumping against the black leather cushions. "I know what you're like, Alf. You're gonna screw him over, aren't you?"