𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒

Fandom: The Umbrella Academy
Pairing: Diego Hargreeves x OC. Klaus Hargreeves x OC (friendship)
Prompt: "stop being such a pouty baby, put on your grown-up pants and go talk to her already."
Warnings: fluff, (light) angst, mentions of drug use, light swearing
Word Count: 1241

LIANA MATTHEWS AND KLAUS HARGREEVES had been best friends ever since they were children

LIANA MATTHEWS AND KLAUS HARGREEVES had been best friends ever since they were children. They had a system. Klaus was unable to leave the house due to his father's strict rules so Liana would either sneak herself in or sneak him out. They both tried to stay quiet when they were in the house but of course, when Liana would clumsily clammer through his bedroom window and nearly fall flat on her face, he wouldn't be able to contain his loud laughter.

Hence, gaining his nosy brother's attention. Diego. Diego wasn't fond of Liana for reasons neither Klaus nor Liana were aware of. When the dark-haired boy heard the distant thud come from Klaus' room, he knew that is was Liana. So he would storm over to his brother's room and pester them both until Liana would leave.

He was a tough cookie to crack quite honestly. He'd usually argue with Liana when he'd barge into Klaus' room, but other times he'd just sit and stare at her until she was too uncomfortable to stay.

But then things changed.

Five disappeared first. Then Ben died. Diego left because he couldn't stand his father. Vanya had left for college. Allison went off to Hollywood. Leaving Luther and Klaus. Her favourite sibling didn't last long under the Hargreeves' roof and soon abandoned what remained of his family and turned to drugs.

Liana, being the good friend she was, tried her best to keep him on a good track. But at the rate he was going, it was pretty much impossible to keep up with him or his whereabouts.

Everytime he'd come back from rehab, he'd apologise to Liana then go ahead and do it again.

Of course, Liana knew Klaud had his reasons for what he did but she just wished that he'd let her help him rather than seeking drugs every night. Nonetheless, she stuck by him for years. They were best friends after all.

Then one night, Liana had lost Klaus after he came home from rehab, no doubt chasing after his next high. After so long, Liana was close to losing hope. Then she watched the news. Sir Reginald Hargreeves was found dead in his home this morning.

Liana was shocked. Although Reginald was a horrid man and even worse father, that news surely would've hurt some part of every Hargreeves child.

The next morning rolled around and Kalus still hadn't come home, which was rare of him. He'd had slept at other people's apartments but he'd always message Liana to say he was safe. But there was no message that night and she could hardly sleep.

She drove over to the Hargreeves' mansion in hopes that Klaus was sleeping there for his father's funeral. Liana hastily parked her car outside the entrance and rushed up to the large wooden door. Her shaky hand nervously knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

Finally, the door creaked open to reveal a short chimpanzee clad in small attire and glass resting on his nose. "Miss Matthews. Is that you?" Pogo answered. The more that the Hargreeves left the nest, the more Liana entered the house normally rather than secretly.

"Hello, Pogo. You haven't aged a day," Liana complimented, jokingly. "I was wondering if Klaus was here. He didn't come home last night."

Pogo nodded, opening the door further for the woman. "Yes. He came over late last night. Drunk, I believe."

Liana rolled her eyes and stepped into the foyer. "Thank you, Pogo. I hope I'm not intruding. I'm aware of Reginald...I'm sorry for your loss. I can come back tomorrow if you like?"

Pogo shook his head. "Thank you, Miss Matthews. But no, stay. I'm sure Klaus and the others would be delighted to see you," The chimpanzee lead her into the lounge area where she saw Klaus laying down on one of the couch, talking to himself.

"Klaus?" Liana made her appearance known by her best friend. The messy-haired brunet shot up with a grin. He wore a black mesh shirt along with a leather black shirt, no doubt both found from Allison's wardrobe.

"Liana!" Klaus declared, crushing the woman into a warm hug. "I'm so sorry I didn't message you last night, I was just so, so distraught to here dear father died," he faux cried, clutching at his heart.

Before Liana could retort his insensitive comment, she heard the familiar pounding footsteps rush down the stairs. She rolled her eyes in anticipation, already knowing the hell that Diego would bring upon her.

"Who's this?" His deeper voice questioned from behind her, his question directed to Klaus. "Did you really bring your junkie friends in our house. You know Luther will have a field trip with that."

Liana turned around, her arms crossed over her chest. "Nice to know that you don't remember me, Diego."

Diego furrowed her brows in confusion until he got a good look at her. Sure, she had changed a lot. Her once light brown hair was now a dark shade of black nad her looks had certainly intensified. "L-Liana? Liana Matthews? Fuck."

Liana nodded. "Anywho," she sang out whilst turning back to Klaus. "Here's some meds for your hangover. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom."

And just like that, Liana brushed past a still flabergasted Diego and made her way upstairs.

"Brother, would you stop staring at my best friend as if she was a piece of meat," Klaus's voice brought the man back to reality.

Diego scoffed, crossing his arms over his broad chest. "I was not."

Klaus gasped, his hand clamping over his mouth. "You like her, don't you?! Of course, you do!" The brunet brother jumped up and down with a grin.

"Shut up, Klaus," Diego rolled his eyes, attempting to walk past him into the lounge.

Klaus scoffed, offended. "Stop being a pouty baby, put on your big boy pants and go talk to her! I bet she doesn't even know. We thought you hated her ever since we were kids."

Diego sighed, slumping in his seat. "No. I was jealous," he mumbled.

"Ex-squeeze me? Jealous?" Klaus questioned, cupping his ear, mockingly to get his brother to speak up.

Once again, he rolled his eyes. "Yes. I was jealous she was going to see you every night and not me. She was really pretty - Well, she still is."

"Who's still pretty?" Liana questioned, making her way into the lounge.

Diego blushed while Klaus grinned. "Well, you, of course! Diego was just telling me how attractive you are, weren't you, brother?"

Liana raised her brows with a surprised smile. "Really?"

"N-no! No, w-wait, yes. Fuck you, Klaus," he whispered at the end, his childhood stutter seeping through his words.

Liana looked at Klaus, to see he was nodding with a grin. Klaus was many things, but one thing he wasn't was a liar. Liana smiled, taking a seat next to the stuttering, blushing, pouting man. She leant over and pressed a small peck to his cheek. "It's nice to know you have finally taken a shine to me, Diego. After all these years."

THE END