𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄

Fandom: IT
Pairing: Adult!Reddie
Prompt: "You'll always have me."
Warnings: none
Word count: 452

RICHIE TOZIER wasn't one for emotions

RICHIE TOZIER wasn't one for emotions. Preferably, he'd like to hide such emotions deep, deep, deep inside him that they'd never see the light of day. But when he saw his friends endangered, he couldn't help it. Especially when his best friend, Eddie, had a gash on his cheek and a gaping hole right through his stomach.

It wasn't fair in the slightest.

Only a few days ago, they had all just reunited after 27 years and we're back fighting the killer clown, Pennywise. They had already had to grieve over the death of Stanley Uris, and Richie wasn't prepared to loss another friend in the same month.

The second that the sharp claw split through Eddie's stomach, Richie knew that his heart had been ripped in two.

"No, no, no, no, no," Richie screamed as Eddie was raised in the air and thrown around the cave and eventually released only to fall into a small crevice like shelter inside the cave. He rushed towards the crack to find Eddie bleeding out, but still putting up a fight against his own breath.

"I nearly killed him," Eddie's voice was shaky. "When he was a leper. I was choking him. He seemed so... weak..." Eddie began rambling. The light in his eyes began to fade and the more Richie looked into them, the more he broke his own heart.

"I know, Eds," Richie nodded, tears freely running down his face. He didn't care this time.

Eddie coughed through a smile. "Don't... call me... Eds..."

Richie weakly laughed through his sobs. "Don't leave me, Eds," he whispered. His other distressed friends didn't need to hear his words. Only Eddie Kaspbrak needed to.

"You'll always have me, Richie," Eddie's voice grew quieter and quieter with every word but a small smile remained on his face. "I promise."

Beverly placed a hand on Richie's shoulder. "We've still got to fight, Rich," she spoke carefully. Richie shook his head, tears streaming down his face like a broken faucet.

His desperately clung to Eddie's jacket, not ready to leave him. "No!"

The love of his life had stop breathing. "Eddie!"

The love of his life had lost the colour in his cheeks. "Please!"

The love of his life had stopped being the love of his life. "Eddie!"

Eddie Kaspbrak has left this world. But like he promised, he would never leave Richie. He'd always be with him. No matter what.

THE END