𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄

Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: Cedric Diggory x OC
Prompt: "I'm not a hero."
Warnings: fluff
Word count: 551

LILITH THORNTON never believed she was a special person

LILITH THORNTON never believed she was a special person. Sure, she had many friends who beg to differ. They would constantly compliment her on her intelligence and her good looks but Lilith wouldn't see it. It was like she refused to believe it.

Perhaps it was because she was a Hufflepuff student, that was wasn't as confident in herself as she should be. Perhaps it was the rose-gold glasses she wore whenever she was around anyone and saw herself as less than them.

Whatever it was, Lilith knew she wasn't special. But many tried to show her that she was. One of these people went by the name of Cedric Diggory — the Golden Boy of Hogwarts.

The two had been close friends since they started Hogwarts together 6 years ago. He would constantly shower Lilith with compliments and applaud her grades. The slightest thing that Lilith did, Cedric would be there cheering her on.

No matter how hard Cedric tried though, Lilith couldn't bring herself to see the Lilith that Cedric saw everyday.

That was until she was abruptly woken up with a series of pained coughs and splutters ejecting from her throat. Dirty water spat from her mouth, the liquid adding to her already soaked uniform.

Her ears rang with cheers, screams and shouts that blared around her. Her body shook from the chilly breeze that blew over her wet frame. She faintly felt an arm wrapped around her waist.

She was confused. And her eyes that peeped through the wet strand of hair that stuck to her head showed it.

"You alright, Lils?" A deep voice spoke behind her. It was quiet yet it seemed to boom over all the chaos that rang in her ears. She recognised it immediately.

Lilith turned on her back to see Cedric hovering over her. He was wearing his yellow Triwizard Tournament uniform yet it, along with the rest of his body, was soaking wet.

"Wh- what happened?" She questioned, her voice croaky.

Cedric helped Lilith stand up yet her legs were still shaking so he kept his arms around her and close to his chest. Someone from behind them wrapped towels around their shoulders. Cedric guided his friend away from the pose just as Viktor Krum jumped out of the Great Lake with Hermione in his arms.

"You and three others were placed at the bottom of the lake for the champions to find for the next challenge. You were my treasure," Cedric bashfully smiled.

Lilith processed the information before she smiled widely. "You saved me," her voice was quiet yet Cedric could still hear her.

Cedric snorted, his shoulders shaking slightly under the towel. "I'm not a hero, love."

"To me, you are," Lilith gently clasped Cedric's hand — both were still dripping with water. "Thanks, Ced," she reached up on her tip-toes to press a gentle kiss to his reddening cheek.

Cedric grinned at the feeling. "My pleasure, Lils."

THE END