𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄

Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: Fred Weasley x OC
Prompt: "I have no choice."
Warnings: Death, HP spoilers
Word Count: 1610

--------------------------

'IT WAS GOING SO WELL.' A lie, of course.

Ophelia Lace, a muggle-born Gryffindor graduate, was scared. She was hardly ever scared; she was too optimistic to feel fear. Or at least, she did show fear. Especially if the ones around her were scared too, having someone calm and collected usually eased them - and Ophelia was that person.

But in this situation, it was impossible for her to not show her fear. She tried and tried to keep her breathing levelled, but the more she concentrated on it, the harder the task became. That was until the comforting presence of her fiance neared her.

Fred Weasley.

The two met in their first year at Hogwarts.

--✰--

Being the eldest witch in a muggle family meant that Ophelia wasn't familiar with what Platform 9 and 3/4 was or how to get there or even what school she was going to. Until her family saw a peculiar ginger family rushing to get to a barrier between Platform 9 and 10. Their clothing was characteristic and eccentric, all with clashing colours and patterns. The Lace's watched from afar as the eldest ginger boy ran into a brick pillar, disappearing instantly. That when Ophelia knew that they were like her. Magical.

She had approached the friendly-looking mother, asking if she could teach her how to get to Platform 9 and 3/4 after explaining her predicament. The ginger mother, Molly Weasley, happily showed the young brunet girl how to do so, after watching her second oldest disappear. Molly told her to go after her twins, Fred and George. Ophelia, for some reason, was scared that the trick wouldn't work for her so she clenched her eyes shut and ran full force into the brick wall after the two twins. She remembers not realising that it worked and continued running with her eyes shut, colliding with someone on the other side.

"Ow!" The boy exclaimed as he fell to the cobbled floor. Ophelia opened her eyes and saw she was in a whole different train station. Her gaze landed on the boy she collided with.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Ophelia apologised, helping the ginger boy up after releasing it was one of Molly's many sons.

The boy shrugged, dusting off his brown pants with a grin. "It's alright. I'm Fred Weasley, by the way. And that's my brother, George. And you are?" Fred introduced, extending his hand out for her to shake.