𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃

Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: Cedric Diggory x OC
Prompt: "You're my best friend, okay? I'm not jealous."
Warnings: none but OC has metamorphmagus
Word count: 1475

"Warnings: none but OC has metamorphmagus Word count: 1475

THERE WAS only one true friendship in all of Hogwarts. Cedric Diggory and Padmé Elmslie.

The two had been best friends since they both came into the world. They families were close and it just so happened that Mrs Diggory and Mrs Elmslie got pregnant at the same time.

Cedric and Padmé has grown up together, plus even got sorted into the same house, Hufflepuff.

They were the perfect pair. They never fought, they enjoyed the same classes, they were both on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. The couple were always seen by each other's side, and that how they liked it.

A lot of people, even their own friends and family, were certain that they were a couple. But they weren't, they didn't need to be together romantically when they are happy enough only as best friends.

That was until Cedric was announced as one of the school champions for the Triwizard Tournament.

They tried to hang out still, but Cedric had become more busy. It wasn't his fault. He didn't want the attention, but he was too polite to tell people to leave him alone.

Padmé tried to act unbothered. But the more girls fawned over him along with pushing her to the back of the queue when she was front and centre made her angry.

She just wanted to be with her best friend. Was that too much to ask?

It was coming close to Christmas, which also meant that the Yule Ball was around the corner. Cedric and Padmé both still hadn't found dates to the Ball yet both had their preferences on who they wanted to take.

The two best friends had finally gotten a moment of peace and quiet in the library.

"So, Pads, are you planning on going to the Ball?" Cedric asked, looking up from his Herbology homework to peer up at the confused Hufflepuff across from him.

Her naturally blonde long, frizzy hair was now a vibrant orange colour out of confusion as she stared down at her Transfiguration essay. Padmé raised her head relucantly to looked into Cedric's eyes from her confusing article.

"Sorry, what?"

Cedric chuckled. "Are you going to the -"

Before he could finish, a younger Gryffindor girl strolled up to the table, leaning over it to speak to Cedric. "Hiya, Ced!"

Padmé rolled her eyes. Only she called Cedric 'Ced' and now everyone was doing it.

"Oh, hi," Cedric smiled up at the 5th year girl.