𝐩𝐫𝗼𝐥𝗼𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐢

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎

astrid was now 12 years old. ever since the day they met at the park, her and clay had been inseparable. always spending the day at each other's houses.

today, she was going over to clay's so they could watch some movies. clay's mom rented the how to train your dragon series for them to watch. they were currently having a dragon phase so it only seemed right.

"thanks dad, see you later!" she said as she exited the car.

clay swung the door open before she could even make it up the steps. "come on astrid! come on! we're ready to watch the movie!"

once inside, she greeted his family and made her way to the living room area. her and clay sat on one couch while his parents sat on the other.

during the movie

"woah! her name is astrid just like you!!" clay's voice filled with excitement. astrid's eyes lit up "omg you're right!"

"she's got a dragon! that's so cool" astrid practically jumped at clay's statement. "what's its name?! what's its name?!"

"her name's stormfly!" clay was the first to say. "woahh that's such a pretty name" clay made a noise of agreement. "i'm gonna start calling you storm now!"

and he did.

ˑ ꩜ ::✧ ・゚゚・*:༅。

later that year!

clay and astrid were walking home from school today, planning on  going to clay's house. he slipped his hand into hers, something he'd began doing recently, although she didn't mind. continuing their walk down the familiar neighborhood as their arms swung in sync, hands still locked together.

they finally arrived at clay's house, nobody being home since his parents were at work and his siblings were who knows where. they didn't care tho, it wasn't their first time walking home or being home alone. were they really alone if they had each other anyway?

at times like these they would hold off homework til when their parents got home. instead, they ran to his backyard. chasing each other and almost falling plenty of times. after a few minutes, clay finally caught her. needless to say, they both ended up on the ground. if they had gotten hurt, they were too busy laughing to even realize it.

as their laughter died down, all that could be heard were their deep breathes, birds chirping, and cars passing by the street. they cherished moments like these. sitting in a comfortable silence while admiring the nature around them.

"you're my best friend, you know that, right?" clay finally spoke. "yeah i know," astrid said while a smile formed on her face, "you're mine too."

author's note
one more prologue which will take place 4 years later :)