𝐭𝐰𝗼

it was about four by now and sapnap was planning to do a chill stream. before dream joined in on the stream, he had to get something to eat. ultimately deciding on just getting some chic fil a.

i got out of my car and started walking toward the fast food building. not too far from the door was a girl, around my age, also walking toward the building. i decided to do a little jog and hold the door open for her. as i held it open for her, she stopped to look at me.

i froze once i saw her. from her tan skin to her dark brown hair, it reminded me of astrid. it'd been years since we last spoke, but in this moment i thought maybe it was her.

before i could say anything, she quickly thanked me and continued walking in. i definitely lost my chance of asking anything. i didn't really see her around until i was sitting at a table waiting for my food. she was eating so i thought better than to go up to her.

i was now on my way home, memories of my childhood playing in my head. when we watched the how to train your dragon movies, our days at the park, and the night she left.

i walked into sapnap's room, dropping a bag of his chic fil a order in front of him. "you'll never guess what happened"

he peaked into the bag before turning to me "what?"

"remember storm? the girl you talked to a few times when we were like 12?"

he stuffed his mouth with a few fries, "yeah what about her?"

"i think i just saw her at chic fil a. i held the door open for her" i laughed looking back at it.

after that, we just started talking about random stuff. around three hours later he ended stream and i went back to my room. i sat on my bed, staring at the box in my closet.

i haven't touched it since sapnap and i moved in here, but i haven't opened it since the day i got it. today just felt different, like i had to open it. so i did.

he got up and grabbed the box. sitting back down on his bed, box in his lap. he emptied out the contents on his comforter. the first thing that caught his eye was a small photo album. inside it were pictures of them throughout the years.

next, he grabbed a small toothless toy. astrid had gotten the same one. then, a black bracelet they also both got. he put it on before moving onto the next thing. this time, it was a picture of him and astrid holding hands while walking down the street as kids. he let out a laugh until something fell behind it. a letter. the letter.

he pulled open the enveloped flap, carefully taking out the piece of paper inside. he took a deep breath before opening it.

Dear Clay,

If you have this letter, it means i was right to trust your mom. but, it also means we've stopped talking. as much as i hope you don't have this letter and you're not reading it right now, i know you are. i know you are because we've thrived on physically being here for each other. although we wanted to try, i think we both knew this friendship wasn't meant to be so far away. i'm sorry for having to leave you and this friendship we've developed over the years. trust me, i want to stay but it isn't up to me. i hope that, if you are reading this, we see each other again. whether by coincidence or by fault. in case we don't, i wanted to say thank you. for everything. for always being by my side since the day we met. for making me laugh and comforting me when i was sad. for being my best friend. i love you clay, and i mean it.

love,
astrid "storm" evans

"i love you too" wait what? did i just say that out loud? he mentally cursed himself.

ˑ ꩜ ::✧ ・゚゚・*:༅。.

twitter!

dream | dreamwastaken
"although we wanted to try, i think we both knew this friendship wasn't meant to be so far away."

user7 | user7
context???
dream | dreamwastaken
letter from an old friend a few years ago

user9 | user9
what the hell happened

antfrost | antfrost
always here for you dream <3

tommyinnit | tommyinnit
what's this about then

user4 | user4
omg omg omg connections brb

badboyhalo | badboyhalo
awh that's sweet ಠ_ಠ

user4 | user4
i don't know if i'm just being crazy but
i follow this girl on twitter (her names astrid)
and she posted about seeing someone at chic fil a
that looked like her childhood best friend WHO
ALSO LIVED IN FLORIDA
user4 | user4
and then in sapnap's stream dream mentioned seeing
someone at chic fil a that remained him of "storm" which could've been a nickname of a childhood friend (astrid)
user4 | user4
again, i just thought this was funny! not sure if they're
actually talking about the same person lol
user4 | user4
here's the thread of her tweets about it!

user10 | user10
wait because what if it is her and you just helped
two long lost childhood best friends find each other

user11 | user11
seriously how do people make connections like this
cause i literally forget everything like five seconds
after i read it 🧎🏻‍♀️

user12 | user12
dreamwastaken you should check this out... just a thought
tho hahah
user13 | user13
vouch
user14 | user14

 just a thoughttho hahah↳ user13 | user13vouch ↳ user14 | user14

user15 | user15
VOUCH

author's note
decided to publish because this is like my comfort story when it comes to writing but the updates will be slow since it takes me days to write chapters lol