𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"i knew this was a bad idea," astrid paced around harlow's place, "i- i don't know."

astrid stopped pacing and sat on the floor instead, tears forming once again. harlow made her way next to astrid.

"i'm sorry for making you go into the city when you were clearly unsure about it." harlow apologize, comforting astrid the best she could. "do you need anything?"

astrid laughed, "it's okay, it's not your fault. i think i just need to go home." she need the comfort of home right now.

"yeah, okay. i'll pack up your stuff and you book a flight at a time you're comfortable with." harlow got up, making her way to the living room where her laptop was.

"wait- could you bring me a piece of paper and an envelope if you have some, please?" astrid asked.

harlow smiled, "yeah, of course."

astrid scanned the seats by her gate, eventually taking a seat furthest away from people. she plugged in her earphones and played her favorite playlist.

twitter!

storm | stormspivot
i'm gonna miss her :(

↳ har | harlodon    i'm gonna miss you too :((

har | harlodon
    i'm gonna miss you too :((

user39 | user39
    why are you leaving early?

user4 | user4
    where's my friendship like this
user18 | user18
    this could be us but you live in another country
user4 | user4
    online friend struggles 😐😐😐

a guy sat next to astrid, which she found weird since there were a million empty seats around. she took out her earphones and faced him. he held a small smile on his lips. "hi, i'm alex!"

astrid smiled back, "nice to meet you, i'm astrid."

he cleared his throat, glancing down before looking at her again. "that's a nice name. does it have any meaning?"

she laughed a little, "not that i'm aware of."

"it reminds me of these movies i watched as a kid. they were about dragons and vikings." he enthusiastically spoke.

"oh i was obsessed with those as a kid. i remember watching them at my friends house cause his mom knew we were in a dragon phase." she smiled at the memory.

"so, are you visiting someone  in florida?" he asked.

"no, i live in florida. i just came here to visit a friend." astrid frowned thinking about leaving harlow. it was quickly replaced by a smile at the thought of seeing clay again.

"that's kind of unfortunate since i live here. i'm going to visit some family over there." he smiled, "could i get your number? maybe we could hang out in florida."

"i don't think my boyfriend would enjoy that much." she lied.

"oh i had no idea you had a boyfriend. i should've asked, i'm sorry!" he quickly said.

"no, no it's okay. honest mistake, really." the gate attendant announced that they would start boarding now. "it was nice to meet you alex!"

"it was nice to meet you too, astrid." he said as she walked into line.

she hated to lie to him, but she wasn't in the mood to make any new friends soon. especially while she was feeling so down.

her flight was mostly filled with listening to music and thinking about being home. she wanted nothing more than to be in the comfort of clay's presence.

'i don't wanna be okay without you' by charlie burge played and astrid scrambled to put it on repeat. this was one of her favorite songs. it made her think of clay.

but I only think of you
will we be together soon?
i'm thrown to the wayside
you're planted in my mind, alright
but I don't wanna be okay without you

some things never change.

author's note
sorry guys i was gonna update but then i got drawn into another depressive episode and ate a lot of ice cream cake but i'm back now 😏💯💯