𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"get up! we've got some friends to see in a few hours!" harlow jumped on the bed in excitement.

astrid groaned, rubbing her eyes while she turned around. harlow plopped down next to her, propping herself up in her elbows. "you have an hour to get ready by the way."

"it'll only take me twenty. what're we doing?" she asked while getting out of bed.

"we literally made the plans together. how do you not remember?" harlow replied.

astrid just shrugged, pulling clothes and a small bag out of her suitcase. "bad memory?"

they both laughed a little. "we're just gonna hang out at the park. marcel and jj are gonna be there, ollie might join us after work, too. i'm gonna finish packing up our stuff now, see ya!"

"alrighty, see ya!" astrid walked to the bathroom to get ready. like she said, it only took her about 20 minutes to get ready. she walked out of the room to meet harlow.

harlow glanced at her before focusing back on the tv in front of her. "do you wanna leave early or watch this show?"

"what show?" she asked, making her way towards the tv.

harlow tried remembering, but shrugged instead. "i don't know. something about traveling the world and finding affordable, expensive, and in between that houses.

astrid joined her on the couch. they watched the show for the remaining amount of time before leaving to the park. it wasn't a long drive since most of their high school friends remained local.

jj was already there when they arrived, so they decided to set up while they waited for marcel.

4 people

jj
marcel!!!!
where are you!?!??1?1?

harlow
hurry up!! am hungry!!

astrid
what they said

jj
maybe he's lost

harlow
like we haven't hung out here before

marcel
chill
i'll be there in like three minutes

astrid
three minutes too long tbh 😐

marcel
at least i'm coming 🙄

harlow
fair enough

astrid
yeah

jj
see ya soon!

marcel arrived five minutes later, being playfully bashed by the others because it wasn't three minutes. they all made their way to where they set up moments before. everyone took a seat at every corner of the blanket.

astrid was glad about how easily conversation flowed between the group. it's always been that way, since they first met in high school. they talked about what they've been doing the last few years and such.

marcel, who's always been straightforward, decided to ask a question that's been prying for far too long. "so, astrid, what's up with the guy back in florida?"

jj and harlow's eyes grew as they laughed at the sudden question, astrid nearly choking on her cookie. "clay? he's just a friend."

he raised an eyebrow at her response. "i didn't even have to say a name and she knew who i was talking about."

'ooo's escapes jj and harlow's lips as they became interested in the conversation in front of them. marcel could always bring out the truth in people, some truths even the person saying them didn't realize yet.

"oh come on. that's not even fair- i just assumed him because..." she paused, unsure of an excuse.

harlow motioned for her to carry on, stifling a laugh. astrid's face dropped in defeat and the others erupted in laughter.

"so? what's up with him? i see all his comments and replies on your socials." marcel pries on.

astrid sighed, running a hand through her hair. "i don't know. i mean, obviously i had a thing for him when we were kids. when you spend practically everyday with someone, feelings start to develop. i was too scared to say anything and eventually i moved. i'm not saying my feelings erased, because in a way, they'll always be there. i just don't know if i'm willing to risk our friendship to be anything more."

the others looked at her with their jaws dropped. astrid's eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her hands. "oh fuck, did i really just say all that?"

harlow shook her head ecstatically. jj held the biggest smile on her face, and marcel's held a proud look. they all started to ramble at once while astrid tried her best to focus on what they were al saying.

was there something still there?

insta!

astridstorm

● ○

 ○ ●

○ ●

liked by marcellphone, harlowsmth, and 4,562 others
astridstorm giving today an 8/10 👍

marcellphone we deserve better.
mcjjagger so true
harlowsmth kicking her out as we speak
astridstorm :/
harlowsmth sorry :((

dreamwastaken you look good in blue :)
astridstorm thank you <3

user39 4 days :D

author's note (kinda long 2day)
foreshadowing >:)
thank you for 40k reads!! glad you guys enjoy the story <3
will hopefully have another chapter tmrw (if i find the motivation) and it'll be a long one :o
also new theme hehe 😏
and finally, thank you guys for being so patient with updates!! means a lot more than you think :)