𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

after almost an hour of astrid telling harlow about what happened yesterday, a knock sounded from her door. harlow immediately squealed, already knowing who would be at the door. astrid quickly shushed her before saying goodbye and hanging up.

to say she was nervous was an understatement. for him, too. i mean who wouldn't be? it's been four years since they've seen each other in person.

astrid swung the door open to reveal a tall, dirty-blonde haired man. he had broad shoulders and a slim build. his freckles were barely visible, but still there nonetheless. his hair was somewhat messy and partially covered his forehead. a smile overtook his face, his green eyes squinting the slightest bit.

"take a picture next time, yeah?" he chuckled, snapping her out of her gaze.

"oh my god my bad, it's just been so long. you look... different. good, but different. come on in." she gestured for him to walk in and closed the door behind him.

"you too. i mean your hair's longer and you're a little taller i think. i'm not so sure, you're still short to me" he wheezed this time, causing astrid to smile.

"yeah, yeah, whatever. sorry not all of us can be six feet tall, okay?" she led him to the couch where luna was laying.

"six feet and three inches, actually."

"okay, wow. didn't know your ego was that big!" she threw up her arms in a mock defense.

they both sat down, luna laying between the two. "uh, would you like anything to drink?"

"i'm good for now. thank you." he looked around her apartment a little, amazed by the beautiful decor that complimented the place. "you got a nice place. where do you work?"

"well since my parents pay for school i only have to worry about this place. i saved up a lot from when i worked back in oregon and now i work at a bakery not too far from here. they pay good enough for me to afford this place, and maybe even a house soon."

"how was oregon? like what'd you do? did you make any new friends? stuff like that." he wanted to know more about what it was like for her those four years away.

"it was good i guess. cant really give a firm opinion on it since all i thought about was coming back here. hmm... i learned to play a little piano and was pretty decent at soccer in high school. never played for the team tho, just for fun. i met harlow. we've been best friends since we met and she's planning on moving here with me eventually. how about you? how's florida been without me?"

dream smiled, thinking back to what it had been like without her. "well, i continued to do youtube and now i'm where i'm at i guess. it's great honestly, surreal but great. sapnap- pandas and i are friends with george and we all blew up together. we're known as the dream team and i've got my own server with a bunch of other people. i don't know... it's great but i kinda wish you were here while it happened." he shrugged, looking up at astrid.

she visibly frowned. "yeah, i wish i was there too. why don't we make a dreal?" dream hummed, urging her to go on. "basically, we just act like i never left. i mean there's a lot we haven't told each other from those four years but we can just talk about that along the way. yeah?"

"yeah. i think that'd be great." he was now petting luna who moved to his lap.

astrid laughed a little. "she doesn't usually like people. it took her months to let ian even get close to her."

"what can i say? cats love me!"

they both laughed for a while before falling into a comfortable silence. after what seemed like 5 minutes, astrid finally spoke up. "wanna watch a movie?" dream hummed again, continuing to pet the soft, black cat laying on his lap. "what movie?"

he thought about it for a few seconds before ultimately deciding on the "perfect" movie. "how to train your dragon?"

astrid smiled at his request, "i'm always down for that."

author's note
hehe not proofread again, sorry!