𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

it was astrid's eighth day at dream's house. as much as she loved the comfort of her own home, dream gave her a comfort she couldn't quite explain.

luna and patches were laying on the carpet while a random movie played on the tv. they'd lost interest in it a while ago.

astrid was currently laying on top of clay, counting the freckles that lined his face. they talked about childhood stories and their old friends.

"stop smiling i just lost my place again!" astrid complained.

dream just laughed at her. he couldn't help but smile at her, and he loved it.

astrid was concentrated on continuing to count the freckles on his face. he, however, was focused on her eyes.

"you know i can feel you staring at me, right?" she rhetorically asked, never tearing her gaze from his cheeks.

he smiled and astrid smiled back, finally looking up at him. "stop looking at me like that."

"like what?" he asked.

"like you're gonna kiss me or something, i don't know." she replied.

"and what if i did?" they locked eyes, dream's heart beating faster and faster every second. astrid's stomach filled with millions of butterflies fluttering around.

"hey guys!" sapnap said as he walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

astrid's head dropped to dream's chest and they both quietly laughed. she got off from on top of him and made her way to the kitchen.

"hey sapnap," she started, "whatcha doin?"

sapnap looked at her suspiciously. "probably just play some video games. why?"

clay walked into the kitchen and astrid looked at them both. "we'll i was thinking about going home tomorrow and i wanted to do something with you guys before i leave."

sapnap gave a small nod. "okay, we can do something. i'll miss having you here tho."

dream frowned, nodding in agreement with sapnap.

"okay then, where do you guys wanna go?"

"i cant believe i let you choose when i'm the one leaving." astrid playfully rolled her eyes.

"dont act like you don't wanna be here." sapnap said.

"i wasn't complain about your choice, i was claiming that you got to make the choice when i'm the one leaving." she argued.

sapnap looked to dream, "did you hear that dream? sounds like a little bitch to me."

they all laughed as astrid playfully hit sapnap's shoulder from the backseat.

it was surprisingly empty for a weekend. i mean, there were a good amount of people, but less than they expected. they easily got a table tho, so no complaints on their part.

"are you afraid to play a little basketball against some florida boys?" sapnap teased.

astrid scoffed at his remark. "first of all, i'm not afraid of some florida boys, especially you guys. second of all, i'm in, lets go."

dream smiled from where he observed the two. they all swiped their cards and grabbed a ball as soon as they could.

"you guys suck." astrid said, when the game finally finished.

sapnap gave her a confused look, "you literally lost?"

"okay and?" she replied.

dream laughed. "you guys both suck. i, however, am the best."

"yeah, yeah we get it. you beat me by 20 points, let's move on now." sapnap rolled his eyes.

"someone's gotta bruise that ego and i hope it's me." astrid began walking away.

it was almost 11:30 by now and the group was making their way towards the exit. "wait guys, look! it's a photo booth. can we please, please take pictures."

the other two looked her, then at each other. "cmon guys, i leave tomorrow and who knows when i'll see you next." astrid added.

"fine," they synchronically said.

astrid smiled as they walked to the photo booth. "master manipulator tbh. not really tho guys, i don't mean that."

authors note
i hope this makes up for the sucky last few chapters 🙌
anyways third week of school tmrw and i really don't wanna go like 😐😐