𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

with luna and her bag in the car, astrid turned to say her goodbyes to dream and sapnap. "are you crying?" she asked sapnap.

"what? no. why would i cry? it's not like my best friend is leaving me forever! just kidding, but i may be a little sad." he replied.

dream laughed at him. "stop being so dramatic."

"oh shut up. you're probably gonna cry for like three hours when she leaves," sapnap teased.

"am not," he defended.

sapnap went on, "are to. your little girlfriend is gonna leave you and you'll cry like a baby awww."

dream playfully pushed sapnap's head and went to give astrid a hug. "i'll see you soon, right?"

"that's the plan," she responded.

he pulled away with a smile, watching as astrid gave sapnap a hug before getting into her car. sapnap looked at dream who looked down.

he perked his head up after a few second. "all right, time to cry for three hours!"

they both laughed and walked into the house. there was a sense of emptiness without astrid there. dream didn't even know what to do. the past week was always spent doing something with astrid. now what?

astrid dropped her keys onto the table with a sigh. her own house had become so strange to her. it felt empty.

in the corner of her eye she saw luna walking towards the living room. she picked luna up and settled down on the couch with her laying on her lap.

astrid stared up at her ceiling for a while before seemingly getting bored. there were a million things she could've done in that moment, but she just wanted to do something with clay.

clay <3

do you wanna hang out?

it's only been like twenty mins
since we last saw each other

i know but i miss you
i'm bored out of my mind rn

i miss you too
i'm on my way

see you :)

see you :))

dream arrived a few minutes later with a smile on his face. astrid's held the same while she hugged him once inside. they sat on the couch for a while, contemplating on what to do. she thought of something they used to do as kids, and dream happily agreed to it.

there were 10 bottles set up like bowling pins on one side of the living, while dream and astrid stood on the other side with a small ball they found in astrid's room.

"do you wanna go first?" astrid asked.

"no, i'll let you go first. wouldn't wanna ruin your confidence so early," dream cockily replied.

astrid gave him a playful nudge before setting up her stance to release the ball. she swung her arm back then forward, releasing the ball in the process.

they watched as the ball rolled towards the bottles, finally knocking them all down. astrid looked at dream with a smile on her face and asking, "what were you gonna ruin?"

"i could respond to that questions in two ways, but i'll stay on track. let me give it a go." he walked towards the bottles and set them up again.

dream watched in anticipation as his ball rolled towards the bottles. astrid knew he wouldn't beat her.

ultimately, he only knocked down seven bottles. astrid laughed at dream's face of defeat before continuing to set up the bottles again.

"i cant believe you beat me! i was so good when we were kids," dream exclaimed as he walked back to the couch where astrid was currently sitting.

she gave him a little laugh, "no, i was good. you sucked, but your mom told you you were good."

dream frowned, "not fair."

"that's life clay. deal with it, loser."

"why am i even friends with you. all you do is bully me," dream whined.

"because you are... and because i'm super cool and you love me," astrid cheekily smiled.

"fair enough."

author's note
hi guys :)) sorry for the break i've been super busy, but i miss writing so hopefully i'll find more time for it. hope you guys are enjoying school so far <3