𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

twitter!

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
the night we met - lord huron
1:27am est

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
little lion man - mumford & sons
1:30am est

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
the man who can't be moved - the script
1:34am est

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
ophelia - the lumineers
1:37am est

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
everything i didn't say - 5 seconds of summer
1:41am est

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
best years - 5 seconds of summer
1:44am est

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
amnesia - 5 seconds of summer
1:47am est

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
i love you - billie eilish
1:51am est

dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
together from afar (how to train your dragon: the
hidden world) - jónsi
1:56am est
dream's spotify | dreamsspotify
looping!

user16 | user16
    yall remember when he told us his
    favorite movies growing up were
    the httyd ones? :(

user17 | user17
    bye i literally cry to this song

user18 | user18
user4 continuing onto your theory,
    the character astrid in httyd has a
    dragon named storm o-o
user4 | user4
    omg wait cause you're onto something

user19 | user19
    who hurt this man he's been listening to
    sad songs all night :/

user4 | user4
to add onto my thread from earlier:
user18 tagged me and told me that
there is a character named astrid in
the httyd series, with a dragon names
storm which is what he called his
childhood friend that he thought he
saw today
user4 | user4
    and his favorite movies growing
    up were the httyd series!

user20 | user20
    can we all agree that user4 and
    user18 are doing gods woke rn 🙏

user12 | user12
dreamhangout dreamwastaken
dream you have to see this!!
user12 | user12
just realized how embarrassing this
is gonna be if we're just tagging dream
and telling him this random girl was
his childhood best friend-
user14 | user14
vouch! but imagine for the people
tagging HER and she sees it and it's
not dream i'd literally ascend

ˑ ꩜ ::✧ ・゚゚・*:༅。.

it was true, he loved the movies. they meant something to him, they mean something to him. truth is, reading that letter reminded him of everything they had been through.

you know, obviously he was happy with where he was now. he had a big platform, he got to do things he enjoyed everyday, he was living with his best friend, and he had a great community. but he couldn't help but wonder what it'd be like if she never left.

it was his fault they stopped talking, he knew that much. it's just that when she left, he spent all his time trying to occupy himself with something else. that something else being minecraft.

sometimes he got so caught up in the game that he'd forget to text her back. he would always text back eventually, until he didn't. when he remembered, it was too late. at that point she had gotten a new phone and they no longer knew who the other was.

he got out of his bed, making his way to the kitchen. it was around 2:30 am and he really wanted some water. after filling up his glass bottle, he rummaged through the pantry for something to eat. finally, he settled on a protein bar. i know what you're thinking, a protein bar at 2:30 am? well, what about it?

once at his desk, he turns on his pc and watches a few videos while drinking his water and eating the protein bar. after a while, he boots up minecraft. he joined the dream smp, pressing tab and seeing no one else online.

he played for a few minutes, mindlessly wandering around the server. he couldn't do it, he couldn't enjoy it. not now at least. all he could think about was that stupid letter. no, no, no. it's not stupid.

he picked it up from the far side of his desk, rereading it a few more times. then, he pulled out his own paper and pen. if he was gonna set things right with himself, it was gonna be through writing. it always helped.

dear storm,

can i still call you that? i don't know but i'll roll with it. it's been almost five years since we've last seen each other. i remember the day you told me you were leaving so, so vividly. it almost hurts looking back to that night.

    i had just finished my chores and i was on my way to your house. i was so excited to see you that day. your mom was acting kind of weird when she opened the door for me, but i didn't realize it back then.

    anyways, i walked towards your room. it was quiet, so i knocked. after getting no response, i just slowly walked in. you sat up when you saw me and i immediately saw the tear streaks dried on your face.

    at first, i didn't wanna ask why, i just wanted to be there. and i was. you lay in my lap while i played with your hair, and eventually you told me. i remember feeling like the world was falling. maybe because you were my world in a way.

    truth is, i loved you. not just as friends, i guess. in that moment, i would've done anything to make you stay. i wanted you to take those words back, to tell me you were lying. but you never did. and that's what hurt most. realizing that i was actually losing you.

    it's true. we both knew we wouldn't last, and i'm sorry we didn't. it was all my fault and i should've tried harder.

    i was so busy occupying myself with things that would distract me from the loneliness, that i forgot to talk to the only person that could erase that feeling. you.

    so yeah. i read your letter, and i looked at albums of pictures from our childhood. i miss you storm. my storm. everyday i wonder how different things would be if we just stuck to each other. how much better they'd be. i love you, i always will.

yours always,
clay

he folded the paper, gently placing it into an envelope in one of his drawers. he got out of his chair and walked toward his closet, pulling out the box from before. he opened it and stared at the pictures inside a little longer, before he placed the two envelopes inside.

with that, he got in bed. staring at his ceiling as a wave of nostalgia washed over him. it reminded him of the times he and astrid would just lay down and stare at the ceiling. clay usually playing her hair, and sometimes she'd play with his. it made him smile at how happy he was.

author's note
pog momento i guess :p