𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

astrid and clay hadn't talked about what the kiss meant yet. not that they wanted to, they both resisted the urge to blurt out the question.

they, however, we're still stuck on the fact that they had kissed and that it meant something. it wasn't meaningless, which meant those feelings that had been suppressed were finally known to be mutual. but there was still a lingering lack of faith in it working out.

dream didn't want to put astrid through the misery that came with dating someone like him, famous, afraid, and unrevealed to the world.

astrid didn't know if she was ready to give her heart out yet. she loved having dream in her life, but she had spent these years trying to heal, to no avail.

this was a conversation best awaited for when they got back. astrid invited dream to join her in her trips in hope of redecorating her home. he obviously said yes.

astrid pulled into the parking lot of Lulu's Petals. she gave clay a cheeky smile, which he retaliated with a, "do you really need more plants?"

she gathered her things and opened the car door, "not necessarily need, but i do want more."

"do i get to name this one? you know, for being an accomplice to this plant-buying problem of yours."

"i guess," she rolled her eyes, "now hurry up we have other places to go after this."

they entered the store and were greeted by lulu almost immediately. ian was tending to some plants not too far from the entrance.

"hey astrid!" he called out.

she walked over to where he was finishing up, "hey ian. how's angel?"

"oh she's good, kind of missing luna. how is she?"

"i guess it has been a while since we've caught up. my bad, i've been so busy. luna's good tho!" she answered.

"yeah, i can tell," he let out a small laugh, referring to clay, who was jealously listening to the whole conversation.

i guess he had been so caught up on getting her back that he hadn't thought that maybe there were other guys in her life. he was perfectly fine with her having guy friends, he wasn't controlling like that. but there was something about this ian guy.

the way he acted toward her, talked to her. the jealous glances he'd give dream. and she was so oblivious to it all.

"oh! ian, this is clay. clay, this is ian." she introduced.

"nice to meet you, man," ian held out his hand.

"yeah, you too," dream gave a welcoming smile, taking his hand and giving it a small shake.

"so, what're you looking for today astrid?" ian averted his attention back to her.

"i was actually hoping to get a Chinese evergreen today." ian started to lead her towards where they stored the aglaonema. she looked at the shelves in awe.

after a few minutes, she finally picked out a smaller pot of the aglaonema that had a red hue to parts of it. clay watched her in admiration as she smiled at her newly picked out plant.

she placed the plant on the counter and started to pull out her card to pay. however, clay had beat her to it. his card already inserted before she could open her bag. she lightly slapped his arm, "you punk."

"you're welcome," he said, with a playful smile.

"thank you, seriously, for feeding further into my plant-buying problem."

she gave a cheeky grin, which he mocked. he grabbed his receipt and the plant from the counter.

"you know, just for that, i might end up keeping this plant for myself." he said as they walked back to the car.

"you wouldn't dare!" she snatched the plant out of his hands and ran the rest of the way to the car, clay following close behind her.

author's note
it's been six months, my bad... hope y'all don't hate me lol :p