𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

astrid begrudgingly flipped to her side and turned off her alarm. it was the one day she got to sleep in and she forgot to turn off her daily alarms.

after staying up and finishing all her schoolwork, she was finally able to get at least six hours of sleep. she texted clay a quick good morning before going to sleep again.

she woke up two hours later to clay calling her. astrid let out a loud groan before answering the call. "hello?"

"oh my god i thought you were dead! why haven't you answered my texts?" he said in a rather dramatic tone.

"i literally went back to sleep right after i texted you. it was my first day to sleep in since like two weeks ago. what'd you want?" she now sat up on her bed, grabbing a hoodie from the ground and pulling it over to shield her from the cold of her apartment.

"oh damn. my bad i'll let you sleep i didn't kno-" astrid quickly cut him off. "no, no, no! it's alright i was bound to get up at some point, right? what'd you need?"

clay nervously scratched the back of his head. "well i know you told me that you finished all your school work last night so i was gonna ask if you wanna join my family for dinner today? my mom insisted on inviting you and my sister really wants to see you, too."

"too?" astrid asked in cocky manner.

"oh shut up you know i've wanted to see you for the past two weeks." clay playfully rolled his eyes even tho astrid couldn't see him.

saving clay from the conversation, she swerved back into the original topic. "where should i go for this dinner?

"it's this fancy restaurant downtown. maybe i could pick you up?

"soooo a fancy restaurant. will the food be expensive cause i don't want anyone to pay for anything that costs too much? and yeah i'm fine with you picking me up."

clay let out a sigh of relief. "don't worry about the cost, just be ready by 6:30 so we make it in time."

"are you sure? i could pay you back i swear. i'll be ready by then don't worry." astrid was looking through her closet for something presentable to wear that'd help her fit into the scene.

"i'm sure. i'll be there to pick you up around 7. text you later, bye!" astrid quickly said bye before hanging up and proceeding to rummage through her closet.

she didn't know why she was looking through her clothes now, she still had around six hours before it was time to go. her hands continued to rummage through it anyways.

she gave up on looking through her closet and made her way to the one in the hall. her fancier dresses were usually hung on the left side and she started to look through them.

there were only about three dresses there; her prom dress, the one from harlow's brother's wedding, and a more recent one from a dinner party that gardian and his parents had invited her to. it was the perfect dress for occasion.

she took the hanger off the rack and made her way back to her room. she laid the dress out on her bed then made her way back out.

with a bowl of cereal in hand, she sat down on her couch. she decided to watch some of quackity's videos while she waited for time to pass by.

author's note
lol sorry for not posting this weekend i was busy :T
new chapter tomorrow :)