𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

it was the next morning and astrid had just woken up. with her hair a mess and the strap of her tank top slipped off her shoulder, she walked to the kitchen for some breakfast.

she stayed up late with dream last night, so she wasn't in the mood to make anything. she had a bowl of trix cereal in her hand as she walked to the couch.

her place held the same empty feeling it did when she first got back from the time spent at dream's. instead of spending the day in the new misery that seemed to be her home, she decided to go out.

redecorating a little should change the mood around here.

she finished her bowl of cereal and placed it in the sink to wash later. it was time to get ready for the day now.

dream got into his car and started the engine. putting his playlist on shuffle while he drove to astrid's house. he hummed the lyrics as he got closer.

stop making up your excuses
call her up, tell her you forgot something
it's worth more than you are thinking

he pulled over outside her house and grabbed his phone.

you've only got one chance
kiss her you fool

astrid had just finished brushing her teeth when she heard a knock. she made her way to the door, suddenly becoming more aware of what she was wearing.

insecurities waved over her as she searched for something to cover her body with. she grabbed a hoodie that hung over her couch and quickly slipped it on.

lo and behold, it was clay at the door. "what're you doing here?" she asked.

"well i actually came for that," he pointed at the hoodie she was wearing.

she held a foolish grin, apologizing for wearing it. she started to take it off when dream held her hands in place, "keep it. it looks better on you anyway."

her foolish grin changed to a cheeky smile as butterflies erupted in her stomach. "you're such an unintentional flirt, it makes me sick."

"who said it was unintentional?" he asked, following astrid to the kitchen. he stood at the island while she washed her bowl from earlier.

"stop saying stuff like that. you know you don't mean it," she said with a stern tone.

he leaned on the counter next to the sink, admiring her early morning features. "but what if i do?"

astrid placed the, now clean, bowl down. she looked at him with a face of disbelief, but yearning. she longed for him to mean every word that came out of his mouth. for him to want her the way she always wanted him, but she knew he wouldn't.

it'd been years and she's accepted that he'd only see her as the childhood best friends they'd always been. she was snapped out of her thoughts when a cold hand pressed against her hot cheeks.

with a smile full of desire and mystery, clay leaned in for a kiss. astrid was surprised by his action, but quickly adjusted as their lips met.

the kiss was fulfilling and heartfelt, like they'd both been waiting so long for this moment. they couldn't help but smile at the ardent act.

astrid pressed her forehead to his chest, trying to suppress her smile. clay's hand rested on top of her head, his smile blinding.

authors note
first chapter in months and it's a kiss like what
but hey guys how do you feel :DD