𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"come on, astrid. the movie's almost over then we go out." harlow placed her phone down and continued to pet eli who was on her lap.

"ollie is literally sleeping, it takes him ages to wake up." astrid replied, snuggling closer to her blanket. "why do you guys always have the ac on? it gets so cold in here."

harlow shrugged. "yeah sometimes, but it gets hot otherwise."

ten minutes later and the end credits finally rolled. harlow shook ollie awake for five minutes until he finally agreed to get up. they went their separate ways to get dressed for the day.

astrid and harlow spent the morning getting breakfast at ihop and then watching whatever movies caught their eye. ollie got home halfway into their last movie and ended up falling asleep.

"so, have you talked to loverboy since you got here?" harlow asked as she rummaged through her closet.

astrid's eyes widened. she completely forgot to call him last night. "uh, yeah. i texted him when we got here."

"that's good, that's good." she replied in a suspicious tone.

"alright, spit it out. what are you thinking?" astrid asked.

harlow clicked her tongue, "oh it's nothing."

astrid rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. "come on, i know you. you definitely wanna say something."

harlow threw her hands up in defeat. "fine. it's just- a guy that, i don't know, clingy? whatever, he doesn't seem like the type of person who'd be fine not texting you for so long. he definitely wants to talk to you. call him before we go."

she walked out of the room and towards the bathroom with her clothes in hand to get ready for the day. astrid took this as an opportunity to text him.

12 NEW NOTIFICATIONS

MESSAGES
4 new messages from clay!

PHONE
2 missed calls from clay!

TWITTER
dreamwastaken tweeted

clay!

yesterday 9:56 pm

hey! are we still on to call?

yesterday 10:34 pm

i'll call you in 30 minutes :)
astrid?
goodnight astrid

today 2:48 pm

clay i'm so sorry i completely
forgot to call you last night :((

it's okay! hope you're having
fun back home :)

florida will always be home
you know that

right, sorry
how was it?

it's good. really really green, too.

what're you gonna do today?

we used to go hiking a lot in
high school so we're going to
do that and then go to the river

that sounds nice. i'll leave you
to it, have fun :)

thank you! see you sooner than
you think :)

harlow walked back into the room and urged astrid to get ready. she got ready fairly quickly and met harlow and ollie in the living room. they got their things and were on their way.

it wasn't a long drive to where they would hike. since harlow and ollie lived by their old high school, they honestly could've walked there in ten minutes.

astrid stepped out of the car and made her way to the trail. she picked some of the blackberries that were by the start, just like her and harlow did years ago.

they hiked the whole trail in about an hour. the view from the top was something astrid could never forget. the memories that came back to her being there brought smiles to her face. being with her best friend, doing the things they did as teens, made her smile.

insta!

astridstorm

liked by harlowsmth, ooollie, and 34,569 othersastridstorm yes we went hiking, thank you

astridstorm yes we went hiking, thank you

harlowsmth i think the puffy jacket was unnecessary
astridstorm it was cold when we got there

ooollie you barely made it
astridstorm still made it tho!

user18 god you always look good
user4 you only speak facts

dreamwastaken i'm blending in with the trees
astridstorm i didn't even notice you there 🤨

twitter!

astrid | stormspivot
third wheeling like a mf

↳ dream | dreamwastaken    this wouldn't be a problem if you let me come

dream | dreamwastaken
this wouldn't be a problem if you let me come

user38 | user38
dream's getting kind of bold

harlow | harlodon
ayo 😃

author's note
sorry for the lack of updates, haven't been feeling the best this past week :( also sorry for this sucky chapter NDJSJD
thank you for 30k reads!!