𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

astrid hurriedly got up. she didn't know how she managed to sleep through her previous two alarms, but then again she was out late last night. she groaned as she made her way to the bathroom.

she quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face before doing a small, natural makeup look. she went back to her room and changed into the comfortable set of clothes she picked out last night.

within the next five minutes, astrid had her suitcase in the trunk and luna in her carrier in the passengers seat, along with her backpack. after about fifteen minutes, she arrived at gardian's house.

he opened the door and astrid immediately handed him the carrier. she quickly thanked him and gave him a hug before telling him how she was running late and needed to go.

he understand, saying bye and bidding her a safe flight. as she entered her car again, she saw him walk into the house with luna. she smiled before driving off.

luckily, the airport wasn't as busy this early in the morning. she made her way through security and baggage check fairly quickly. once all the way through, she went to the airport's starbucks and got a coffee before texting dream.

clay!

hey! i'm boarding soon, text you
when i land ((:

have a safe flight! cant wait til you
come back :(

it's only a week clay
you'll be fine

not without you.

i'll be back before you know it
gotta go now, bye <3

bye <3

the whole five and a half hour flight was spent watching the 100, and occasionally eating a small pack of cookies the flight attendants would give out. she decided to stop watching it after five episodes.

instead, she took out her earphones and plugged them into her phone. after a few seconds of scrolling through her playlist, she ultimately decided on starting with 'kiss me' by sixpence none the richer.

☆゚.*・。

the flight attendant announced that the plane would land soon, so she buckled up and removed her earphones. she stuffed her things into her carry on backpack.

she waited for most of the other passengers to exit the plane before getting out of her seat. she retrieved her bag from the above compartment and leisurely exited the plane.

her phone started buzzing as she walking through the crowds of people and she answered, once seeing it was harlow. "hello?"

"i don't exactly know how this airport works, but i'm by a big sign with a hot dog on it? you literally can't miss it, it's kind of creepy." harlow spoke.

astrid laughed at her friend's words. "alright, alright. i see what you're talking about. be there soon, bye!"

harlow replied with a quick bye and astrid hung up. she was so nervous about being in oregon again. between seeing harlow again and possibly running into her parents again, her stomach was tossing and turning.

after a short minutes walk through heaps of people, she finally made it to the sign. her and astrid's eyes met each other and each widened in excitement.

astrid quickly made her way over to harlow before engulfing her in a hug. harlow immediately wrapped her arms around astrid, whispering a soft "i missed you."

astrid laughed again, her mood never faltering when harlow was around. she always knew how to cheer her up. "yeah i missed you, too. save the waterworks for when we get to your place."

"so what do people usually say after seeing their best friend again after years?" harlow asked, pulling away from the hug.

"i was gonna tell a vegetable joke but it was kind of corny." astrid shrugged, hiding a smile.

harlow playfully punched her shoulder before scoffing at her lame attempt at a pun. she couldn't help but smile after tho.

they held a small conversation about the plans for astrid's stay as they walked to harlow's car. harlow popped the trunk so astrid could put her bag in before entering the car.

harlow grabbed the aux cord and handed it to astrid. she eagerly took it with a sly grin on her face. 'strawberry fields forever' by the beatles began playing as harlow pulled out of the parking space.

they both began softly singing the lyrics, astrid taking in the oregon scenery, as harlow drove home. when they were in high school, car trips were fairly common for them. they'd drive around town playing music and singing along, more commonly 'strawberry fields forever.'

astrid was beginning to feel good about this trip. she was ready to enjoy herself and the time she'd get to spend with harlow. this trip was going to be amazing, she'd make sure of it.

author's note
am i completely happy with this chapter? no but it'll do :p
yes i'm back with inconsistent updates 🧑🏻‍🦲🙌🤪‼️😭🖕
thank you for 20k reads btw :0