𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

it didn't take very long for astrid to get ready, only about two hours. could you really blame her? it was one of the fanciest restaurants in orlando and she was seeing his family for the first time in years.

clay!

open your door, yeah?

omw chill

"chill" yeah it's fucking chilly
out here

we literally live in florida it's never
fucking "chilly"

wtv open the door

okay okay

astrid made her way to the door that clay had been impatiently waiting outside of. "alright, alright, i'm h- what the fuck." her eyes landed on clay. he was dressed in a clean black suit. kind of ironic cause his hair seemed a mess.

"what? is there something wrong?" clay held a goofy grin on his face to which astrid scoffed at.

she pointed a finger at him. "you're wearing a suit. swoon."

"good to know i'm still attractive as fuck. nice dress by the way, you look great." he offered her a hand, which she took as soon as she closed the door.

after successfully descending the stairs, they made their way to clay's car and then the restaurant. it wasn't that long of a drive, but it was pretty fun nevertheless. the whole ride was spent arguing over who had a better music taste and what songs to play.

"alright! we're finally here! i won't need to listen to your trash music." clay turner off the ignition and exited the car. he made his way to astrid's side and opened the door for her. what a gentleman.

she got out the car and clay shut her door. "god you're such a baby. literally like fifty percent of our music taste is the same!"

clay locked the car and they made their way towards the building. "yeah but mine's still better."

astrid scoffed at his remark. they made it to the receptionist desk and clay told them he had a reservation. "oh yeah! the rest of the party is over here. follow me."

already here? astrid's stomach churned and she began to feel slightly nervous. clay sensed her nerves and took her hand, giving it a light squeeze of reassurance. her body loosened and they followed the lady.

astrid held a tight lipped smile as they walked through the restaurant. everyone's eyes were on the pair as they arrived at the table, only increasing her nerves.

the first to do anything was his younger sister. she jumped out of her chair and gave astrid the biggest hug, causing clay to let go of her hand. the action slightly pained her but she held a smile regardless.

jane had only been 10 when astrid left and she saw her as a little sister with how often she was over clay's house. they'd spend a lot of time together when clay was busy on his computer or out and about with his other friends.

the next was his mother who walked over to her and gave her a comforting hug. maybe this won't be so bad after all. they exchanged hellos and mary made her way back to the rest of the table.

emma and jacob, who she knew about least, said their hellos to astrid and clay. jacob indulged in a conversation about his own minecraft skills to his brother, who listened intently.

while clay talked to jacob, astrid averted her attention to the remaining two at the table. she'd never met his grandparents before because her parents wouldn't let her go over clay's house when they visited. they said it was "out of respect for their family." she never minded, but god was this moment embarrassing.