Chapter 1: First Day

Y/N's POV

I woke up with sweat coating my body. Great, another nightmare, I looked at my alarm clock on my bedside table that read 5 am, so I decided to go for a run, because i wouldn't be able to fall back asleep and I needed to get my mind off of things.

So I put my sweats and a t-shirt on and quietly went downstairs.

After my 6 mile run I was back home if you could call it that. When I looked at the clock  it read 6:23 so I decided to have a quick shower and go to school early.

After my shower I put my black skinny jeans and my black hoodie on and started walking to school. It took me about 30 minutes to get there so I was 15 minutes early. There was only a few people here, cause it was the first day of school, so I went in and got my schedule. I had Math first, second was English, third was History, fourth was Math again, then was lunch and after lunch I had my last period and that was Art. I heard we should be getting a new teacher for Art, because the last one was too old, so I didn't know what to expect.

The first four periods went pretty fast, 'cause I was sleeping the whole time, because I didn't get much sleep last night and now was lunch. I didn't have any money, so no lunch for me, not that I would really want any... I had a job, but I was fired a few days ago and if I asked my dad for money, he would just scream at me and beat me up.

After the bell rang signaling that lunch was over I went back to class. I had Art now, so I was pretty curious who would the new teacher be, but I'd probably sleep the whole time anyway so whatever.

After five minutes the sound of heels clicking was heard and the teacher came in. She had blonde hair that reached under her shoulders and was wearing a simple, but beatiful blue dress. Then she looked at me and I thought I died for a minute, she has the most beautiful ocean blue eyes and the softest looking lips. I quickly looked away and tried to process what I just saw, there's no way she's our teacher.
Then I heard her angelic voice saying "Hello class my name is Ms. Benoist and I'm your new Art teacher. Mr. Black has retired, so I'm gonna be your teacher from now on." She sounded strict which was kinda scary, I'm not gonna lie, but there's something about her, I just can't put my finger on it.

"I would like you to introduce and say something about yourselves, so I can get to know you a little bit." I was sitting in the  back row, so I would go last. All of the students introduced themselves, so now it was time for me. "Um, well my name's Y/N Y/L/N and I don't know, I love art, listening to music, I hate being bored and I love cats." As I said that she  looked at me for a bit and I was actually getting scared, when she looked away I released a breath I didn't know I was holding, why does she have to be so intimidating?

As the lesson went on I started to get tired so I was starting to fall asleep. Suddenly, there was a loud noise of a book being dropped on my desk that made me jump awake. I looked up and saw Ms. Benoist looking at me with her eyebrow raised. "Can you please repeat the question Ms. Y/L/N?" I gulped and said "I-I don't know." Fuck why did I have to stutter I never fucking stutter. "That's what I thought, detention after school." I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I just put my head down and tried to pay attention. Ms. Benoist would keep glancing at me for the rest of period, which was kind of annoying, I guess she wanted to make sure I was paying attention? Ugh, I don't fucking know, I just wanna get this day over with.

After the bell rang I tried to get from the class as fast as possible, but a loud voice stopped me. "Ms. Y/L/N stay after class, please." I stood there for a bit and when I turned around I was met with her ocean eyes, so I quickly looked away, cause I was too intimidated. "Look at me." she said and when I didn't I felt her fingers under my chin forcing me to look her in the eyes. "Why were you sleeping in my class" she asked me with a stern voice. "B-because I w-was  really tired." Fucking stuttering. "And why is that may I ask Ms. Y/L/N?" Fuck her voice is scary, but kinda hot at the same time... "Cause I didn't get much sleep last night." I said without stuttering this time. After a while of her looking into my eyes she said: "Well, I do not except this type of  behavior in my class, understood?" she asked with her eyebrow raised. "Understood" I answered while looking her in the eyes. "Wait for me here I have to get a few things and then we can start your detention." I just nodded, too afraid to say anything.