Chapter 23: The Kiss

Y/N's POV
We walked in and Ms. Benoist locked the door behind us. "So, I guess I'll show you around the house first." She said putting her keys on a counter. I've been here before, when I forgot my sketchbook at school, so I'm a bit familiar, but I haven't been upstairs, so I assume that's where the bedrooms are. "So you already know where the living room is, the kitchen is right there on the left and the bathroom is down the hall to the right." She said while pointing at the individual rooms. "And if we go upstairs-" we were going up the stairs as she said that "-there's my bedroom, the room next door is the guest room where you'll be and there's also a bathroom opposite the bedrooms. So I suppose that's it." She walked to the guest room and layed my bag on the bed. "Thank you Ms. Benoist." I thanked her and sat on the bed. "You're welcome and you can call me Melissa since we're not at school and you'll be living here for a while." She said sitting right next to me. I genuinely smiled at her. "Okay Melissa." She smiled back at me. "But when we're at school, you will only call me Ms. Benoist. Understood?" She raised her eyebrows in question. I nodded. "Use your words Y/N." She said with her sexy strict voice. "Understood." I tried again. She stood up with a clap of her hands. "Well, I'm going to let you unpack, the closet is right there, so you shouldn't have any problems. If you need anything, just ask." She closed the door and I went to unpack.

"Y/N! Come downstairs!" Melissa called out to me. "Just a second!" I called back. "No! Now!" She demanded. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah! Give me a sec!" I groaned, but she was not having it. "I said now! And I won't say it again Y/N! Don't make me go upstairs to get you!" God, she's so fucking demanding. "Coming!" I went downstairs and found her in the living room sitting on the couch. She turned to look at me. "Come sit." She patted the couch. "So, what did you need?" I asked her nicely. "We need to talk." I started getting nervous for some reason, because when we 'need to talk' it always doesn't go too well so... "Um okay? What do you wanna talk about?" I fiddled with my fingers. "Stop playing with your fingers." She took my hands in hers so I would stop. I looked up at her and into her beautiful blue eyes. "We should talk about the kiss." That took me by surprise. I raised my eyebrows. "O-oh? Okay. W-what about it?" I asked her, now looking down blushing. "Look at me Y/N." I quickly did as I was told and looked at her. "I'm going to be honest with you. I really like you Y/N. And that kiss was amazing." I felt the but coming. "But?" I asked her. "But it can't happen again. You're my student and I'm your teacher. This is wrong." I drily laughed. Why am I so fucking stupid. "Are you fucking kidding me Melissa? You kissed me! Not the other way around. Now you tell me you like me. And then you tell me it can't happen. Fuck you!" I stood up and ran upstairs, I heard her calling after me, but I didn't turn around. I slammed the door of the guest room shut and locked it. I slid my back down the door and started crying. I just couldn't stop the tears. I heard somebody walk up the stairs and stop at my room. She knocked on the door, but I didn't do anything. I just sat there and silently let the tears drop to the floor. "Y/N please open the door." She pleaded. "Go away Melissa." She stood there for a while until she gave up and went to her room. I sighed. Just as I thought my life got better, it gets even worse. I quietly unlocked the door and went to the bathroom to the sink. I locked the door behind me, then took my razor blade out of my phone case where I always hide it. I thought about all the things that happened to me for the past few weeks and just couldn't stop my hand from sliding the razor down my forearm. I cut a few more times and watched as the blood dropped to the sink and ran down the drain.

After my forearm stopped bleeding I cleaned the sink and put the razor blade back into my phone case. I also got rid of the blood that stayed on my forearm and washed my face. I composed myself and went to my room. I know it's not really my room, but let's just go with it.

I sat at the desk and got my sketchbook and headphones out of my backpack and started drawing while listening to some music. I didn't hear the door open, so when I felt a hand on my shoulder I jumped to my feet, breathing heavily. I took my headphones off. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Melissa apologized. "It's fine." I sighed. I was still angry at her, but I don't want my emotions to get the best out of me. "Y/N, I'm really sorry." I shook my head at her. "No you're not. You knew this was going to happen all along. And you just played with my feelings, for what?" She sighed, and I saw a tear forming in her eye. "I really do like you Y/N. I just can't be with you, it's not legal." She explained to me. "Oh really? I'm pretty sure abusing your own child isn't really legal either, but I kept it a secret for like five fucking years Melissa!" The tear in her eye dropped down her cheek and mine did too, since I just cried and had my feeling all over the place. I saw her clench her jaw and then she kissed me. My eyes widened, but after a second I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling.