Chapter 15: The what now?

Sunday
Ms. Benoist's POV
I have no idea what to do. Do I actually like Y/N more than I should? I just can't stop thinking about that kiss. And yesterday I almost fricking kissed her again. That just can't happen again. I need to talk to Chyler and get some of her advice.
"Hey Chyler." I said in a cheerful tone.
"Hey Mel, what's up?"
"I need to talk to you about something and I'm hoping you'll give me some good advice." I said hopefully.
"Let me guess, this isn't by any chance about your student? Y/N in particular?" She knows me too well.
"Maybe? Do you wanna come over?" I asked her with a pleading voice.
"Please."
"Okay, I'll be there in thirty minutes."
"You're the best Chyler, love you byee!"
"Love you too" I ended the call.

I was sitting on my couch waiting for Chyler to arrive, when the doorbell rang. Chyler's here! I opened the door for her and greeted her with a hug. "I missed you Chy." I said while giving her my huge hug. "I missed you too Mel." She hugged back.

We sat on my couch, me with a warm cup of tea in my hand and Chyler with a glass of water. "So, what happened this time? Wait! You didn't sleep with her did you?!" My eyes widened and I blinked a few times. "No Chyler, of course not! Oh my god, I could never." She sighed in relief and gave me a look that said 'go on'. "She just went to my place, because I forgot to give her her sketchbook after class. By the way, thanks for giving her my address." I said with sarcasm and raised eyebrows. "Sorry. She gave me those puppy eyes that I just can't resist. You should've seen her she was sooo adorable." She looked at me with stars in her eyes, I sighed disappointedly. "You can't just give my address to my students Chyler. It doesn't work like that." She giggled at that. "What?!" I raised my eyebrow at her. "Nothing, although Y/N isn't just your student is she Mel?" She was the one raising her eyebrows now and I glared at her. "She is just my student." I said with a little bit of anger in my voice my eyes darkening. "Oh, so you kiss your students now, huh?" She crossed her arms and I did the same. We glared at each other for a while until I cleared my throat.

"Anyways! That's not the reason I invited you over." She uncrossed her arms and hummed for me to continue. "First of all I almost kissed her again and I think her boyfriend isn't treating her well." She looked at me confused. "The what now? She has a boyfriend since when? Also, don't almost kiss her ever again." She said with her motherly voice. "Since a few days ago I think, I haven't really seen him that much and when I asked her about him she would just avoid it and stutter." She frowned and took a sip of her water. "She's usually lying when she stutters and have you met him?" She's like a fricking FBI agent. I feel exposed. "Yeah I've met him once and he wasn't very nice to her, like at all." I said with a hint of anger in my voice. "Well um, did she seem uncomfortable at any point?" If I didn't know Chyler, I'd think that this is some kind of investigation or something. "I mean, she seemed uncomfortable the whole time we were talking. And by the way, you should definitely join the police or something like that you'd be really good." She raised her red eyebrow and giggled. "Ha ha very funny."  I smiled at her and we shared a sisterly moment. "Anyways, back to the thing. We should definitely spy on her and question her about him." My friend said with a serious look on her face. I frowned. "You're kidding right?" I said while laughing a little, but she still had her serious face on. "Oh my god... You're actually serious." "Yep." She said with a clap of her hands wilst standing up. I watched her in amazement. "So, here's how we're going to do this. You, as her teacher, you see her pretty much every single day, so you can keep an eye on her and her boyfriend. I as her boss could tell her to go back to work, even though she told me she had to deal with something, but this is far more important. Then I can ask her some questions and you can ask her those same questions and if she doesn't respond at least similar, then we'll definitely know she's lying." She said pacing back and forth in my living room. My jaw literally fell to the floor. How did she even think all of that through? She's too good at this stuff. "Oh wow, you really got it figured out huh?" She smiled at me. "Yeah, I try my best and I really want to help Y/N." We both sighed. "Yeah... Me too."