Chapter 7: Bruises

Y/N's POV
One week later (Wednesday)
It was about one week later and I was in the coffee shop working, when I heard the door  bell signaling that someone came in. Ms. fucking Benoist. Over the week I tried avoiding her as much as possible, I always ran out of class so that she couldn't hold me back, but I guess here we are.

Is this like the only coffee shop in this town?  Why did she go here today. Fucking great. "Hi Y/N." She said with a surprise in her voice. "Hey Ms. Benoist, what can I get you?" I asked as if I wasn't avoiding her for a fucking week. "Um, one pumpkin spice latte please." "Is that all?" I looked up at her, why is she so beautiful? "Yeah, I didn't know you worked here?" And why would you fucking care!? "Um... Yeah I've only worked here for like two weeks so..." I trailed of with a sigh. "Oh, okay." Wow, now this is an awkward silence. What do I say, what do I say? "Chyler hey." "Oh, hey Mel." They greeted each other with a hug. Wait what? They know each other? "Umm, you two know each other?" I questioned Chyler, while doing Ms. Benoist's coffee. "We're best friends!" They both said at the same time and laughed. Wow okay, didn't know Ms. Strict could laugh. "And you two know each other or something?" Asked Chyler with a questioning look. "She's my student, so..."

I gave Ms. Benoist her latte and she said she had to go, so whatever. "Hey Y/N?" Chyler called. "Yup?" "Do you and Mel have a problem or something?" Well, what am I supposed to say to that? "I don't think so, why?" I answered with a shake of my head. "Just the fact that you both were kinda glaring at each other the whole time you were talking." She said with raised eyebrows. "W-we were?" Then her phone rang saving me. She went to take it to the back and I just sat here bored, cause there weren't many customers, since it was getting kinda late.

Chyler's POV
I got a call from Mel, so I went in the back to answer it.
"Hey Mel, What's up? You just left."
"Yeah, I need to talk to you about something, do you think you could come over after work?" I guess it's something important, 'cause she sounded kinda worried.
"Sure, I finish in about an hour. Is that okay?"
"That's great, so, see you at seven?" I checked the time and it read 5:49, wow didn't know it was almost six already.
"Yeah, see you at seven."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye." I ended the call.

Seven o'clock (Mel's place)
"Soo, what's up? It sounded kinda urgent." We sat on her fluffy couch and I drank some tea that she previously made. "It's about Y/N." She said with a cute pout on her face. "Okay, what about her?" I hope she wasn't going to tell me that she likes her, 'cause that would be really, REALLY bad, but I don't think she does, since the only thing she did was glare at her. "Like, haven't you ever noticed the bruises she has?" She asked looking into my eyes. "Yeah I asked her about those, the first day she came to work she had a black eye and she said that she fell, then one day her sleeve rolled up and she had a bruise on her wrist and again she said that she fell and then she had a huge bruise on her neck, but she said it was her boyfriend, but I think she was lying about that since she definitely doesn't have one." I told her and she looked at me with a frown. "And those previous times you believed her?" "I mean, not really, but it's not my buisness Mel." She was still frowning, maybe she does like her after all. "I know, but I'm really worried about her." Let's try something shall we? "Mel do you like her? Do you think she's pretty?" "Oh my god, she's gorgeous." I fricking knew it. "You really like her don't you?" "I mean she's my student so yeah I guess I like her." She had no clue. "I meant like like her." I said with a smirk on my face. "Oh my god Chy, of course not. Are you crazy? And even if I did that would be like illegal or something." She  said with a nervous voice. She fucking likes her. Nervous Mel is so cute I can't even. "If you say so..." She squinted her eyes at me. "Whatever," now she was rolling her eyes.
"Anyways..."

Later (about 9:39 pm)
Ms. Benoist's POV
When Chyler left it was already pretty late, so I went to my bathroom and took a hot shower. I got dressed into some sweatpants and a fluffy hoodie that I love so much. I jumped into bed and couldn't help, but to think about a certain Y/E/C eyed girl. Why am I thinking about Y/N? I don't like her do I? I mean there's no way, right? I'm just worried about her that's all. I just couldn't stop thinking about her. So I just zoned off with Y/N on my mind.