Chapter 27: Mel

Y/N's POV
School wasn't too bad today, I just doodled and didn't pay attention like I always do, although I did pay attention to Melissa, but not to her teaching. I decided to draw her again, because she's just so fucking beautiful and interesting, so why not? I drew her in black and white except for her ocean eyes, so they would pop out. Her eyes are so mesmerizing that I just had to.

At the end of school I met up with Melissa and we drove home. It was pretty silent except for the humming sounds coming out of Melissa's mouth. "So, what did you have for lunch?" Of course she would ask me about lunch. It's getting kinda annoying to be honest... "Ummm, I had an orange." I tried to sound confident so she wouldn't see through my lie. "Oh really?" "Mhmmm," I nodded my head. "So how come I didn't see you in the cafeteria? And trust me I was looking at the entrance the whole time." I gulped. Well, I guess living with Melissa won't be that easy. "You didn't eat anything did you Y/N?" I only shook my head, looking down in shame. "You know, you don't have to lie to me. I won't hurt you for something you do wrong or whatever. I know it's probably not easy for you, but I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. Okay?" She looked at me for a split moment, before looking at the road again. "Okay." I nodded my head.

Once we got home, I went to my room and changed my clothes, 'cause I needed to go to work. I usually went right after school, but I don't have to cary all of my shit from school this way so it's better and the coffee shop is a few minutes away from here, so that's nice too.

"Bye Melissa!" I called out to her as I passed her. "Where are you going?" Her voice stopped me. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Um, work?" She walked to me from the living room. "You should rest Y/N. I can call Chyler and tell her that you need to rest." I sighed. "You don't need to worry about me Melissa, I'm fine and it's not even that far, so it's okay." I smiled at her, as to show her I'm fine. "Well at least let me drive you." She didn't even wait for me to answer and took her keys off the counter. "Let's go."

I walked through the door and saw Maggie behind the counter. Maggie is a bit older than Chyler and has worked here for a pretty long time. "Hey Maggie." I greeted her with a smile. "Hi!" "Is Chyler here?" I asked her whilst pitting my apron on. "Uhh, she's in the back I think." She answered, before preparing coffee for the customer. "Thanks." "Yup."

Chyler was standing with her back to me, so I quietly walked behind her and put my hands on her eyes. She jumped a little. "Guess who?" I asked her with a laugh. "Oh how ever will I guess who it is." She joked while laughing. I uncovered her eyes and pouted. "You didn't guess, so I suppose I'll have to take all of your money now as your punishment."

We shared a laugh. "How are you? I missed you." She tightly hugged me. "I missed you too and I'm pretty good except that my leg kinda still hurts a little, but other then that it's good." She sighed. "You should've stayed at home if your leg still hurts." I laughed a bit. "Melissa told me the same thing." She smirked. "Well, we are obviously the best moms." We shared a laugh before walking to the front.

I was in the middle of making coffee for one of the customers, when my phone dinged. After I made the coffee I looked at my phone and saw what I never wanted to see again. My father.
Father: Why the fuck aren't you at home yet bitch?!
Me: I'm still at work.

I answered with that and put my phone away. I looked at the time. I sill have about an hour till my shift ends. "You okay?" Chyler asked me with furrowed eyebrows. "No, yeah I'm fine." I smiled at her. "Kay then."

Once my shift was over, I said bye to Chyler and went to Melissa's house. I breathed in the fresh air as I walked and thought about everything. What is my father going to think? And what if he goes to the school or something to get me. Oh my god. I did not think this through at all.

I knocked on the front door and a few seconds later, Melissa opened the door. "Hi." I greeted her as I walked in. "Did you walk all the way from the coffee shop?" She asked me whilst closing the door. "Yup." "Why didn't you like text me or something? I could've picked you up." She said as we walked to the living room and I put my bag down. "Well maybe because I don't have your number and besides it's not that far away and it's not like I'm dying it's just a scratch." She sat next to me and sighed. "It's not just a scratch Y/N, you could've died and give me your phone, I'll give you my number in case you need it." I took my phone out of my bag and handed it to her. She put her number in my phone then gave it back to me. I looked at the contact, curious to see what she put herself as. "'My hot girlfriend' with a heart huh? You seem really confident about that." I laughed at her. "Well is it not true?" She raised her eyebrow at me, waiting for an answer. "It is true yeah." We shared eye contact for a while and then she got closer to me. "So you think I'm hot?" She seductively asked me while playing with my hair. I only nodded, due to my loss of words. "Use your words princess." I'm getting turned on and she didn't even touch me yet. "Yes Ms. Benoist." I gulped. "Good girl." She smiled. I couldn't take it anymore so I kissed her. I felt her smirk into the kiss, but I kept my lips on hers. She licked my bottom lip asking for entrence, so I let her tongue slip in. She put her hands on my hips and pushed me a bit, so I straddled her and put my hands on her neck. As she was kissing me, her hands wandered under my shirt and onto my stomach. I flinched away, because I was insecure about my stomach while sitting. "Are you okay?" Melissa asked me with a concerned voice. "Y-yeah I'm fine. I'm just tired, so I think I'll just go to bed." I got off her lap and walked to the stairs. Melissa ran after me and gave me half an apple. I sighed. "Are you going to feed me only apples?" I tried to joke around to get rid of my nervousness. "Well I don't really have anything else that's small, but I can cook for you if you want." "No it's okay, i like apples." I breathed out and took a bite of the apple. "Do I have to eat the whole thing?" I asked her with annoyance. "Yes, you do."

Once I was done eating I started walking up the stairs, but a voice stopped me. "Wait!" I turned around and was met with soft lips. "Goodnight babygirl." I smiled at her. "Night Mel."