Chapter 18: Confrontation

Y/N's POV
I woke up to another nightmare with sweat coating my body and heavy breathing. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and it read 4:30 a.m. so I just laid in bed, trying to fall asleep, but failing miserably.

When I got out of bed I went for a run and took a shower after. I put on some black skinny jeans, a flannel and my docs. Today is Wednesday, so I have English first then I have Art, I think. I am dreading going to Art, but if I don't go, Ms. Benoist would call my dad and I would be in a lot of trouble.

15 minutes later I arrived at school and since I was still a bit early I sat on the stairs to the main entrance, took my sketchbook out and started drawing what I saw. When I started sketching I looked at the landscape in front of me and saw Ms. Benoist sitting on a bench with her legs crossed and her hair flowing through the wind. I contemplated on drawing her for a few seconds and thought, Why not draw her, right? It's not like she's going to see it anyway...

Ms. Benoist stood up and started walking towards me since I was sitting at the main entrance. "Morning Ms. Y/L/N." She nodded her head as a greeting. "Good morning Ms. Benoist." I greeted her back. "Nice drawing you've got there." My eyes widened and I quickly covered my sketchbook with my hands. "Don't cover it, it's really beautiful." She tried taking my hands to uncover it, but I didn't budge. "Thanks, Ms. Benoist." The drawing was black and white, cause I only brought my black markers and ballpoint pens today. "Why don't you like to show your art so much Y/N?" She asked me with furrowed eyebrows. "Why do you ask so many questions Ms. Benoist?" I raised my eyebrows at her. "Don't answer a question with a question Y/L/N." The bell rang saving me from my teacher. "Excuse me, I gotta go." I walked past her and strolled to my first lesson which is English. Gosh, I fucking hate English.

School is over, so it's time to go to work. Art wasn't too bad today, Ms. Benoist left me alone and minded her own buisness for once.

Once I arrived at work, I greeted Chyler and went in the back to put my apron on. There weren't many customers today, so me and Chyler just talked about some shit and what not. The door opened and Ms. Benoist walked in. Great. Just fucking great. "Afternoon Ms. Benoist. The usual?" I greeted her, she comes here quite often and gets the same coffee every time, so I already know what to get her. "Afternoon, Ms. Y/L/N and yes, please." She smiled at Chyler and greeted her with a hug while I was making her a coffee. They were whispering something which I couldn't really hear and it's not my buisness anyway, so whatever. They are acting weird though. Not that I really care... Again not my business, maybe something happened? I don't know. Whatever. "Here's your coffee Ms. Benoist." I handed her the coffee. "Thank you Y/N." I just nodded at her, to say 'you're welcome'. "Okay, what's going on?" I asked them with raised eyebrows. "We need to talk to you about something." Chyler said nervously looking at me and glancing at Melissa. This isn't weird at all. Note the sarcasm. "Um okay? What do you wanna talk about?" I asked looking back and forth between them, getting impatient. "We should go in the back."

"So? What is it?" Ms. Benoist got closer to me and took both of my hands in hers. "Y/N, is your boyfriend abusing you?" The moment she said that I felt sick to my stomach. My breathing got heavier and I felt like throwing up. No, no, no, no, think of an excuse. Come on you can do this. Breathe. "W-what? No, of course n-not. Why would y-you say that?" She looked at me with sad and soft eyes, wow I've never seen her like this. "Y/N... You don't have to lie, we want to help you." She said in the softest voice I've ever heard her speak in, it felt like home. I looked at Chyler and she nodded in agreement. "I-I can't-" "It's okay, you can tell us." My eyes started to water and I just couldn't hold it in. I broke right in front of them. "I'm s-sorry." I sobbed, trying to get the words out. "No, no ,no, it's okay. You're okay. You're safe now." They both gave me a comforting hug.

I composed myself and wiped the salty tears with the back of my hand. "Umm, okay you're right. My boyfriend is abusive and so is my father." I said that while looking down the whole time. When I looked back up I saw two pairs of wide eyes. "Oh my god Y/N, we had no idea it was your father too." Chyler said hugging me again. I signed. "Well now you know."