Chapter 28: Message

Melissa's POV
I woke up to my alarm that read 6:30. I got up from my bed and went to take a shower before I walked to the guest room where Y/N is sleeping. I quietly opened the door to see an empty bed. Where's Y/N? I took my phone out of my back pocket to text her.
Me: Where are you?

After a while of waiting for a response, I started to get worried. What if something happened to her? What if her father got to her somehow? I paced back and forth in the room worrying.

I heard the front door open so I ran down the stairs to the door. I saw Y/N walking in so I hurried to her and tightly hugged her. "Where were you? I was so worried." I asked her. "I just went for a run." I raised my eyebrows at her answer. "You went for a run with a stabbed thigh?" She walked to the living room. "Well yeah. It's fine Mel. I'm okay." I signed. "Let me check your leg. Come on. Pants down and sit on the couch." I ordered her. "I said it's fine Mel, I don't need you to be worried about me. I'm not a fragile little child." I raised my eyebrows at the tone of her voice. "First of all get your attitude in check and second, how am I supposed to not worry about you Y/N. I was scared that your dad got to you and took you from me." I walked closer to her, put my hands on her arms and slid them down until I was holding her hands. "Well I'm fine." She took a step back, but I caught her wrist before she could take another one. "Let me check your thigh, princess." She sighed and sat on the couch defeated. "I'm not a princess." I shook my head at her. "Where's that attitude coming from? And take off your pants."

"I don't have an attitude." She said whilst taking off her pants. I think she's starting to trust me a bit more with her body. She's really insecure, but I guess with her past it's normal, not that I know much about her past...

I was unrolling the bandage from her thigh and when I unrolled a few layers I widened my eyes at the sight of blood. "Fuck Y/N, It's bleeding." I kept unrolling it until it was all off. It wasn't a pretty sight. "Shit Y/N, you need to be more careful, but I think the stitches are fine." She sighed, not caring much. "It's just blood Mel. Nothing new." I furrowed my eyebrows, not knowing what she meant by that. "Well it could get infected. I need to clean it up." I took her hand and led her to the bathroom. She surprisingly obeyed and sat on the chair when we got to our destination. I first cleaned it with a wash cloth and then took the wound spray. "It's going to burn a bit okay?" When she didn't say anything I sprayed a bit of the liquid on her wound and was surprised when she kept a straight face. "I'm used to the burning. I always used it when I got scratches and stuff after a beating." She explained when she saw my surprised face. I furrowed my eyebrows at her response. "Y/N I-" "Don't." She stood up and walked away. I just sighed and let her be. It's going to be really hard for me to get through to her.

Y/N's POV
I sat in class looking at messages my father sent me this morning. They were mainly threats and some other shit, I guess he figured out that I wasn't coming home any time soon, not that you could call it a home anyway, but one message in particular got my attention. You know, I have some friends that could get me your location and I'm pretty sure that you're staying with that friend of yours, so I suggest you come home. I was reading the message over and over again. He could hurt Mel. I was really considering leaving Mel's place, because I don't want her to get hurt because of me and I know what my father is capable of. Since I don't have a lot of clothes at her place I'm just going to pack it with my school bag and go to my father's house after work. She'll be propably mad at me for leaving, but oh well...