Chapter 26: Nightmare

Y/N's POV
I woke up in a familiar room. Wait... this was my room when I was still in the orphanage. What am I doing here? How did I get here? I quickly got out of the bed and looked for my stuff. I need to get out of this place. I threw my clothes and other shit into my bag and went to the door, but when I reached for the handle it opened before I even touched it. "And where do you think you're going Y/L/N?" Oh my god no. It's Ms. Graves and she really hates me. She's kinda old, but scary as hell. "I was just um-" "I don't care actually." She cut me off. "Put your stuff down, today is adoption day, I'm sure you forgot again. You're so stupid. I'm sure nobody will even want you, but you still have to come and I love seeing the disappointed look in your eyes when nobody wants you, so move it." I felt so much anger run through me, but kept it in. I will not give her the pleasure of making me angry.

Once we got to the room where people come to look at you and get to know you and shit, the caretakers took kind of like an attendence and then people started coming. When people come here, they usually take the younger kids and the sweet ones, 'cause nobody wants a troubled child. I was looking at the people coming through the door, when suddenly I saw a familiar pair of blue eyes. What the hell is she doing here? I stood in the middle of the room stuck and frozen in place. I need to go to her and get as far away from here as possible. "Melissa what are you doing here?" I asked her once I finally moved. "Do I know you?" No, no, no this isn't happening. "I- i live with you." She laughed at me and raised her eyebrows. "Are you on something or what? I would never live with someone as stupid, ugly and worthless as you." As she was saying that she was backing me up against the wall. I was at a loss for words. "I- Melissa, please. I need your help. I need to get out of here!" I raised my voice a little. I gasped as she harshly slapped me across the face. "You will not raise your voice at me." My eyes started watering. I thought Melissa was different. I felt the tears drop to the floor. "You're so weak! Nobody will ever want you." She walked away and I slid down the wall crying. I wanna die!

I felt someone shaking my body. I shot awake with a scream. "Hey, it's okay. I'm here. You're save now." I felt two hands on my cheeks. I quickly flinched away. "Don't touch me!" I sat with my knees bent in the corner of the bed with tears streaming down my face. "It's okay Y/N, it was just a nightmare." She slowly kept getting closer to me like I was a scared little puppy. "B-but it felt so real." I kept sobbing. "Please make it stop." I saw the pitty and sadness in her eyes. I don't need to be pittied. "It's okay come here." She stretched her arms for me to hug her and that's what I did. I was sobbing uncontrollably and I felt like I was gonna pass out. "You're safe now. Breathe Y/N. Come on... in and out. Breathe with me." I looked up at her and tried to breathe and after a while I calmed down. "That's it baby, good job." She wiped my tears and sighed. "I'm sorry Melissa. I didn't mean to wake you up and I just-" "Hey, it's okay Y/N. It's alright." She was still hugging me and I felt safe. "Do you wanna tell me what happened in your dream?" She asked me while stroking my hair. "No, not really." I answered with a shake of my head. She nodded in understanding. "Can you just lay with me? Please?" I pleaded her. She smiled at me. "Of course baby." I smiled back. We layed down in the bed and I cuddled to Melissa like a puppy. We said goodnights to each other and then I fell asleep.

I was awakened by something moving under me. I opened my eyes and saw Melissa smiling at me. "Morning beautiful." I blushed at the petname. I was laying on her with my leg over her body and my hand on her boob. Wait... boob? Shit. I quickly put my hand away with wide eyes. "It's okay baby." She kissed my forehead and I buried my face in the nape of her neck. Please somebody kill me now. I am so embarrassed. "You still feel like going to school?" She asked after a while. "I never feel like going to school. But I'll go." My words were a bit muffled, but I think she could still understand me. "Okay, well let's get up then." She started to get up and I just groaned. "Come on or do I have to get you out myself?" I looked at her. "Well you can definitely try." She smirked and walked to me. She took my ankles and dragged me from the bed, I squirmed and screamed, but she had a firm grip on me. "Okay Melissa, stop!" She let go of me and I got up. When I walked past her I glared at her. She spanked my butt and I squealed in surprise. "Don't glare at me." She raised her perfect eyebrow with a smile covering her face.

Once we were both dressed and ready we walked downstairs. "Wait Y/N!" She called out, so I turned around and hummed. "You need to eat something." Shit, hoped she would forget about breakfast. "I'll just get something in the cafeteria." I tried to make an excuse, hoping she'd believe me. She sighed. "We both know that's not true." "But-" "No, don't make any excuses, come on." She dragged me to the kitchen and cut up an apple for me. She handed me a piece and I pouted. "Don't pout, you need to eat. I know it's hard, but at least try." I took the piece with a sigh and bit into it. "Happy?" I raised my eybrows. "Yes. Take a few more bites. Can you do that for me?" She looked at me with her soft eyes. "You don't have to talk to me like I'm a child." I said that and bit into the piece. "I'm not." "Whatever."

After a few more bites we finally drove to school. I was pretty sick to my stomach, since I didn't eat anything in a pretty long time, but I'm just gonna have to deal with it or I'll just make myself throw up.