Chapter 30: Saturday

Y/N's POV
The next morning was literal hell. Every single part of my body hurt and I was glad I could even walk.

I walked to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, my whole ribcage was bruised and my whole arms were covered in the same color except for the dried blood on my forearm; I guess the scars had to reopen yesterday. My jaw was also a bit purple, but that wasn't even that noticeable and I could cover it with my hair.

I decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood and maybe wonder into the forest. My father was still passed out on the couch, so I cleaned up a bit before walking out.

I saw a few cars outside of the new built house, maybe we're getting new neighbors? Well, I never make any friends anyways, so it doesn't matter. The forest is a few blocks from here, so it didn't take me that long to get to the huge tree with a running creek, that's in the forest. I sat on the grass, my back laying on the magical tree. The thing is, that this isn't just any tree in the forest - my adoptive mother is buried here. I sometimes went here to sit next to her and we'd just talk. I know how it sounds, but it would just feel like she's here with me.

"Hi mom... So, life is messed up." I drily chuckled, tears welling in my eyes. "Ummm, it was good for a while, but I guess all good things have to always end, right?" I sighed, what the fuck am I even doing? "I really miss you mom, you have no idea how much I do." The tears were now streaming down my face. "Why did you have to marry such an abusive asshole? We really have to talk about your taste in men." I joked.

After a while of talking to my mom I dried my cheeks and stood up. "Okay mom, I think I'm going to go now. I love you." I touched the grave stone and left my fingers lingering there for a bit.

I was on my way home when a voice stopped me. "Hey, you from around here?" I looked in the direction of the voice and saw a taller figure of my age standing on the front porch of the newly sold house. She had red hair with green eyes and a nice body shape - she's really pretty. "Yeah, I'm like two houses down the street." I pointed in the direction. "Cool, I'm Isabelle, but you can call me Belle." She introduced herself. "I'm Y/N. It was nice to meet you." I walked away without saying anything else. I can't even make any friends, because of my father, not that anyone would even want to be friends with me... But he's capable of anything and I don't want people to get hurt. My phone dinged, so I pulled it out of my pocket. On the screen were a few missed calls and unread messages from Mel. I signed and opened them.

Mel❤️: Where are you Y/N? I'm getting worried. Please text me.

Mel❤️: Pick up the phone baby.

Mel❤️: Please tell me you didn't go back to him. Are you okay? Do you need me to get you?

There were a few more messages like that. God I can only hope she's not going to do something stupid. Maybe I should call her. Just to tell her that I'm fine and maybe staying at a friend's, but she probably knows I don't have any. Oh well.

I opened the door to the house and walked to my room. Father's car wasn't parked in the driveway, indicating he wasn't at home. At least something good today. I let some music play on a loud volume and drew.

I stopped the music and decided to call Melissa. After a few rings she picked up. "Oh my god Y/N, I was so fucking worried. Are you okay?" She sounded relieved. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Why aren't you here and why is all your stuff gone? You didn't go back to him, did you?" She asked me concerned. "I'm staying somewhere else, don't worry. And I don't want to put you in danger." I tried to make her understand my decision, hoping she'd believe my lie about staying somewhere else. "Why do I feel like you're lying to me Y/N?" Her voice was now soft and it was really hard to lie to a beautiful soul like her. "I-I'm not Mel. I'm really fine. I'll see you on Monday?" She sighed defeated. "Yeah. I'll see you Monday." After that she hung up and I jumped on my bed groaning, cause it hurt and I hate lying to her.

Since it was getting pretty late and my father wasn't home still, I decided to go to bed.

I layed in bed a blue eyed beauty on my mind.