Chapter 33: Late

Y/N's POV
I woke up to the beeping sound of my alarm and groaned when I turned and moved my body to shut it down.

Yesterday was a lot of fucking pain, I don't think it's ever gone that far. I can barely move and I haven't even gotten out of bed. I have cuts and bruises all over my body, I look like I've been in a fucking war, God. Melissa cannot see my back, even if she'd rip my shirt open to see it.

I got up, well tried to at least and let me tell you this pain is literally unbearable.

After a bit of fighting the pain I was finally able to walk, so I took my backpack with my clothes and school stuff and went to the bathroom to do the usual shit.

I was disappointed when I limped downstairs to see my father awake. Fear clouded my eyes and I couldn't think properly. Is he drunk? Will he beat me again? "What are you standing there for, bitch?" I was almost shaking with fear at the tone of his voice and clenched fists. "You want another beating huh?" He walked closer to me and I was frozen in place. Move you idiot. Why aren't my legs fucking working?! Come on, please. I tried so hard to move my legs, but they just wouldn't budge. It's like I'm paralysed. My breathing heavy, I waited for what would happen next. He took me by my upper arm and dragged me to the living room where he threw me on the floor. I screamed in pain from the contact and prayed to god to make this stop.

I don't think I've ever felt this much pain in my whole life and that's saying something, 'cause I've been feeling pain since I was a little girl.

I watched with teary eyes as my father walked to me with a smirk on his face. "Father, please stop. It h-hurts so much. P-please." I pleaded between sobs, but in my mind I knew he wouldn't stop. "You're such a spoiled fucking brat. You wanna feel real pain bitch?! I'll give it to you!" He kicked me in my back like I was a fucking football and the tears wouldn't stop rolling down my face. "Dad! Please!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" He kicked me in my temple and everything went black.

Melissa's POV
I'm standing in the doorway of my classroom with only a few minutes left until the bell rings with Y/N nowhere near. It's weird considering the fact that she's never really late except for a few times. I'm a bit worried, but I guess she just got held up by a teacher.

This is her last class of today and I cannot wait for her to go home with me.

We're ten minutes in and Y/N's still not here and I'm starting to get worried. I haven't even seen her at school today. What if something happened? I took my phone and texted her to see if she responds.

Me: Hey, I was wondering if everything's okay? You aren't in class and I'm getting worried. Tell me if you need something.

The lesson is about to end in like fifteen minutes and still no response from my Y/N. I sighed in thought, What happened? I hope she's okay. The door suddenly opened and in walked an out of breath Y/N. I smiled in relief when I saw her. She's here. She's okay. Or is she? "Nice of you to show up Ms. Y/L/N." I watched her as she walked to the front seat and flinched when she sat down. "Sorry Ms. Benoist." She's not okay. I can just see the pain in her eyes and maybe a bruise which I can't see properly, 'cause her hair is covering it. I threw her a concerned look to wich she just smiled. She's something.

The final bell rang and all of the students literally ran out the door whilst Y/N stayed seated. I sat in front of her and took her hands in mine. "What happened Y/N?" She looked at the floor, avoiding my eyes. "I just slept in Melissa. I'm sorry I was late to your class and well the ones before yours." I sighed, knowing she's lying to me. "Y/N don't lie to me baby, I know you didn't just sleep in. You flinch everytime you move and I can tell when you're lying, so tell me what truly happened. Please." I gave her a half smile and looked at her with soft eyes. She shook her head and trailed her eyes to our joined hands. I rubbed her soft palm with my thumb making small circles. "I just have a few bruises that's all."

"From when Y/N? Please tell me the truth." She sighed and finally looked into my eyes. "From yesterday and this morning." "So that's why you were so late today." I more like stated. "Is that a question or a statement?" She asked me with a bite. "Well is it true?" When she didn't answer I knew it was in fact true.  "What did he do to you?" I swear to god I'm going to kill that fucking bastard one day. "I just have a few bruises Melissa, it doesn't matter okay? Let's just go. Please." I sighed giving up. I can just interrogate her later once we get home. "Okay, let's go."

The whole ride was silent and once we got to my house, she took her bag and went to the front door. She walked in right after I unlocked the door and strutted up the stairs into her room. With a sigh I rubbed my temples and sat down on the couch. I don't know what to do with this girl. I really want her to tell me everything, but I don't wanna put pressure on her. I want her to love herself the way she is, but she has to do that herself and the only thing I can do is tell her how beautiful and amazing she is.