Chapter 8: Fight

Friday, at school
Y/N's POV
I was walking to Math like usual on a Friday morning, but as I walked passed some stupid jocks, one of them said: "dyke," while the other ones were laughing. Oh he did not just... "What did you just say to me!?" I questioned him with a clenched jaw and fists. "I said that you're a stupid fucking dyke!" The same one answered. I was not going to let him just walk away. If it was anyone else I'd probably just let it go, but these stupid fucking bitches are something else. So I punched him in the face with my right fist and kicked him in the ribs. One of the other jocks tried to punch me, but I dodged. The next punch though, I wasn't expecting at all, so I took it right to my jaw and I could taste the metaly blood in my mouth, which meant I would have a cut on my lip. I got really angry afterwards.

They fucking ran away crying and I went to the school restrooms. I looked at myself in the mirror and like I thought, I had a cut on my lip and my jaw would be probably bruised in a few hours or tomorrow. My knuckles were really bruised though, but I don't think I broke a bone. It just hurts quite a bit.

Like three or four years ago my adoptive mother taught me how to fight a little, so if anything happened I could take care of myself. It comes in handy sometimes...

I was washing my hands when somebody walked in. And guess who it was, Ms. fucking Benoist. I rolled my eyes and carried on with what I was doing. "Oh my god, Y/N what happened?" She asked with worry in her voice. "Nothing, I just got into a small fight." I was still washing my hands looking down. "Let me help you with that." She reached for my hand but I flinched away. "How many times do I have to say that I don't need your help?!" "Y/N let me help you and lower your voice." I looked her in the eyes and she had a raised eyebrow. Why is that so hot? And why am I thinking about stuff like that right now. I don't even like her, like at all almost. "Fine whatever." I finally decided. She looked at me with a dorky smile. So cute. "You know, you should smile more it suits you." I said to her with a small smile covering my face. "Well, I could say the same about you." I rolled my eyes at her. "Don't roll your eyes at me, I'm not going to say it again." There we have that scary face that I'm afraid of.

Once we arrived to her classroom she took a washcloth and some rubbing alcohol from her drawer. Then she put a bit of the liquid onto the cloth. "It'll sting a little, okay?" After I nodded she put the cloth to my lips and fuck did that sting. "Fuck!" I loudly groaned. "It's okay Y/N, you're okay." She put her other soft hand on my cheek and we shared eye contact for what felt like hours. She leaned closer and so did I, until we were inches apart. What am I doing? You need to stop RIGHT NOW! "I have to go." I said quickly before running out the door. "Y/N wait!" Ms. Benoist called after me, but I didn't stop running.

After school
On my way to work I got something small to eat, since I didn't eat anything for a long time now and I didn't wanna pass out at work. On my way to the coffee shop I put my headphones on and hummed to the soft music, playing through my ears.

"Hi Chyler, how was your day?" I greeted her with a smile. I really like Chyler, she's just like my mother. "Yeah it was pretty great actually, I went out on a date with someone, so yeah pretty great." I rised my eyebrows. "Oh, who's the lucky guy?" "SHE is a woman and I met her yesterday at work and we just kinda clicked, you know." She said with a huge grin on her face, I wish I had that with someone. "Well, I'm really happy for you. You seem really happy." "I am. Hey, what happened to your face?" Oh shit, I totally forgot to cover that, well whatever. "I got into a fight at school, but Ms. Benoist took care of it so it's fine." As I said that she looked behind me and said: "speak of the devil." I turned around, looked at the door and fucking Benoist was walking to us. "Good afternoon Ms. Benoist. What can I get you today?" I fake smiled at her and she must've noticed since she glared at me. "I got it babe, why don't you take the rest of the day of?" I blushed at the pet name. "Are you sure?" "Yeah, go."

Chyler's POV
Once Y/N left I looked at Melissa with my eyes squinted. "What's up with you two?" She looked at me with nervous eyes. Something was definitely going on. "N-nothing, did she s-say something happened?" Mel never stutters so it's not nothing. "Melissa, just the fact that you're stuttering, tells me that something's up, so tell me. You know you can talk to me, right?" She was frowning and pouting now. "I know Chy, I just... I don't knowww." "It's about Y/N isn't it?" I asked her with a knowing look. "How did you know?" Does she not know me or something? We're practically sisters. "Mel, I know you. Now talk." I encouraged her. "Wait, was it about the fight? Y/N told me today that you helped her or something." She looked down, her hair covering her face. "Yeah well, she had a cut on her lip and bruised knuckles so I helped her, but we got really close and... and we almost kissed." She was still looking down, ashamed I guess. "Melissa!" I sream-wispered. "You know you can't do that. And yesterday you told me you didn't even like her!" I said in a hushed voice. "I know, but I just don't know what happened, but it won't happen again. I just wasn't thinking." I sighed. "Okay, come here." I hugged her.
We talked a bit more and then she had to go. She's gonna get herself in trouble.