Chapter 6: Hickey

Y/N's POV
After work
I was so fucking scared to go home and I already knew my father was home since he had his car parked in our driveway. I unlocked the door and quietly walked in hoping my father wouldn't hear me, but since I'm not so lucky he was standing right in front of me with an angry look on his face and a phone in his hand.

"So, can you FUCKING EXPLAIN TO ME why your teacher called me today saying that you're not paying attention and always FUCKING DOODLING SHIT IN YOUR SHITTY SKETCHBOOK HUH?!" He screamed at me and then threw his phone at my stomach making me fall back a little bit. "I-I'm sorry dad I promise I'll pay more attention next time." I gasped a little when he wrapped his dirty hand around my throat and I could smell the alcohol from his mouth. "You know I don't fucking care about your stupid exuces slut!" He kept squeezing harder and harder untill I was gasping for air. "D-dad please s-stop, I c-can't breathe." By now I started blacking out from the loss of oxygen. My vision was blurry and I knew if he didn't let go I was going to pass out. "I DON'T FUCKING CARE YOU WHORE!" His grip got only more tight if that was even possible, so I didn't have a choice but to pass out, my body collapsing on the cold floor.

I woke up to snoring and looked at my phone to see what time it was. 8:36 pm. Wow I must've been out for a few hours and since my jeans and sweatshirt were laying on the floor next to me, I guess it wasn't very good. So I slowly stood up flinching and went to the bathroom to take a hot shower. I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped. There was already a bruise forming around my neck, but the good thing was that my black eye was gone, so at least something good.

I felt a tear escape my eye. Why me? I thought. I looked at my left arm seeing that all my scars were almost healed, they would still be visible, but wouldn't bleed anymore, so I took my razor blade out of my phone case and started to slowly slide it into my flesh. I watched as the blood dropped onto the sink and run down the drain. I really needed this.
When I was done I took my underwear off and got into the shower.

I walked to my room, greatful that my father was still sleeping, jumped on my bed and started to zone off.

Next day
Ms. Benoist's POV
Right after I woke up I showered, went into my closet and picked out an outfit for today. I picked a black suit with a longer jacket wich I love. Then I threw on some makeup, left my hair down today and went downstairs to head out. My beautiful little car was waiting for me in my driveway so I got in and headed to my favourite coffee shop, 'cause I wouldn't be able to survive the day without some nice coffee.

I opened the door of the lovely shop and went inside to greet my bestfriend that was working here. "Hi Chyler, how's it going?" I greeted her with a hug. "Hey Mel, it's going great actually, we got a new employee Saturday morning and she's really good at doing coffee, especially when she never drinks any." Chy said while preparing my favourite coffee, she knew me so well. "Well, that's nice." "Yeah it is."
We talked for a bit more and then I had to go, since I didn't want to be late.

About 10 minutes later I arrived at school, so I walked in, found my classroom and sat at my desk for now, 'cause I was early so...

The first bell rang, so I walked to my door to greet my students. Where the fuck is Y/N? I asked myself. I guess she isn't well or maybe she's just late. And why do I even care, gosh.

15 minutes later I heard the door being opened and Y/N walked in. "I'm sorry I'm l-late Miss." She said avoiding eye contact. "See me after class, now go sit." When she walked past me I was surprised when I saw a huge bruise going around her neck, that I guessed she tried to cover up with makeup. We really need to have a serious talk after class.

Like usual, Y/N was drawing some stuff in her sketchbook and not doing the work she was supposed to, but I didn't say anything, 'cause I don't think she was feeling good today. The bell rang and everyone was going to their next class. Y/N was leaving too, but before ahe could reach the door I stopped her. "Ms. Y/L/N! I said stay after class." She turned around and sat at the front row right in front of my desk. "Care to explain why you where late to my class?" She looked up into my eyes, but immediately looked back down into her lap. "I'm sorry. I slept in." She played with her fingers that were under the desk on her lap. "And why do you have a huge bruise on your neck?" After I said that she quickly looked into my eyes surprised and stressed I guess, I don't really know, she's kinda hard to read. "Um... It's a h-hickey, I tried t-to c-cover it up, b-but I guess I d-did a bad job at that." She tried to laugh it off, but there is no way that, that's a fricking hickey. "Kind of a big hickey don't you think? Didn't know you were dating someone, you don't seem like the type." I hope I can get something out of her. "Um, yeah I guess my boyfriend got carried away." She said with disgust written all over her pretty face. So there's no way she's telling the truth. "Look Y/N." I sighed. "When I said you can talk to me I meant it okay?" I took her hands into mine, but after a while of looking at each other she flinched away and stood up. "And when I said that I don't need your help I fucking meant that too!" She was walking to the door, now opening it. "Y/N wait!" But she walked away like she didn't hear me.